Questions on UC GPA

Since we’re submitting out transcript until we got in, so how are they gonna know if we are putting the right GPA?

ugh typos
Since we’re not submitting our transcript until we got in, so how are they gonna know if we are putting the right GPA?

The UC’s calculate your UC GPA based on your self-reported grades on the application. Once accepted and enrolled, you will submit your transcripts and your self-reported grades will be compared to your transcript. If they do not match, you could be rescinded so make sure you report as accurately as possible.

So my UC caped GPA is 3.84 and act score is 32. Is UCSB a reach for me? I’m not so sure about my major cuz my intended major is CS but I know it’s an impacted major and I might not get in if I declare that.And I’m an international student, been studying here for only one year, are they gonna have relatively lower GPA standard for me? Thanks

For UCSB, 50% of their admission decisions are based on GPA/Test Scores/HS course rigor and the other 50% on Essays and EC’s. Your GPA and ACT score put UCSB at a High Match 50/50 chance but since CS is impacted and highly competitive it could be closer to a Low Reach. I recommend you select an alternate major or you may be admitted but as Undeclared and then have try to switch majors. Write some outstanding essays and hopefully they will help your chances. International applicants to do not have a lower standard, in most cases it is usually more difficult to get an acceptance.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12%
UCLA: 14%
UCSD: 39%
UCSB: 49%
UCD: 52%
UCI: 57%
UCSC: 83%
UCR: 90%
UCM: 92%

Good Luck.

GPA plays a big role in UC admissions. I think Santa Barbara admission is possible but, a reach. Apply, but also apply to UCSC, UCR and probably LMU as well.