Questions re: campus visit next week

<p>We are doing a tour and an admissions info session. (Also visiting with the Honors folks, per the advice of M2CK.)</p>

<p>We have not gotten an email telling us where the tour starts, and where the info session will be held. Anybody know this stuff? For that matter, where is the Admissions Office located? Thanks.</p>

<p>I don’t know if they send an email for confirmation… lol…I don’t remember.</p>

<p>Anyway…the tour starts at the Admissions Office.</p>

<p>That’s across from The Ferguson Bldg.</p>

<p>Where will you be coming from? A hotel? If so, which one? That way I can direct you.</p>

<p>Slippy2000: Have a great time and enjoy!</p>

<p>When D visited, we set the tour/info session up online, and it appeared they were using a third party service to do it. We got e-mails about username and password for the 3rd party website, but no confirmation e-mails. I just noted the time and location (Admissions Office) when I set it up. As it turned out, Jami (the old Allison) had D go to Nott Hall first thing in the morning and then someone walked her up to the Admissions Office for the tour. I did get confirmation e-mails from the Honors College. I got a tentative schedule from Jami a few days prior to the visit, and then another confirmation the day before the visit.</p>

<p>Just completed our visit last week. We received an email from Allison the day before our visit. Attached was the map and schedule for the day. DS began at Nott Hall and was directed from there. Enjoy your day!</p>

<p>Slippy…</p>

<p>What time is your tour time?</p>

<p>You need to find out from Allison in Honors if you’re going to meet there first, or go directly to the tour and then meet for the Honors part. </p>

<p>here’s one map…click on Student Services to show where that is. Click on Nott Hall to show where that is. (scroll down for list of buildings)</p>

<p>[Interactive</a> Campus Map - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://tour.ua.edu/map/index.html#map]Interactive”>http://tour.ua.edu/map/index.html#map)</p>

<p>Here’s another map
[Full</a> Campus Map - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Student Services is number 1021 8-F</p>

<p>Nott Hall is 1150 9-J</p>

<p>Our tour time is 10 a.m. We are meeting with Allison at 9. </p>

<p>How long does the tour usually take? Allison is arranging for us to see a dorm, supposedly right after the tour, but we are scheduled for the 11:30 admissions info session. Not sure how all of this is gonna work.</p>

<p>I have seen campus tours that start at Bryant-Denny Stadium or the Rose Administration building, but the vast majority start at the admissions office.</p>

<p>slippy2000, sometimes your visit schedule will change as the day progresses. I know for a fact that a dorm tour can take as little as 15 minutes at a normal pace, even less if one cuts through a parking lot on the way there and back. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Rest assured that UA will work with you to make sure that you are able to see everything and everyone that you planned to see and more. </p>

<p>Enjoy your visit and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Slippy - the way my D’s visit schedule went, she ended up skipping the info session. The honors dorm tour and honors class she was sitting in on conflicted with the info session and I figured we could get all the information elsewhere. Obviously I don’t know what info was imparted at the Bama info session, but nothing was said at any other school’s info session that I hadn’t already found on its website.</p>

<p>*Our tour time is 10 a.m. We are meeting with Allison at 9.</p>

<p>How long does the tour usually take? Allison is arranging for us to see a dorm, supposedly right after the tour, but we are scheduled for the 11:30 admissions info session. Not sure how all of this is gonna work. *</p>

<p>I would skip the info session unless you can still fit it in with Allison’s schedule. There’s really nothing in that info session that you haven’t learned here or could ask about here. It’s better to use your time to see things that you can’t “see” here on the forum. </p>

<p>Our tour time is 10 a.m. We are meeting with Allison at 9</p>

<p>That’s a lot of running around. That just gives you time to get to Nott Hall, get your schedule from Allison, discuss it a bit, and then walk over to The Ferg (unless she drives you with the golf cart. :slight_smile: )</p>

<p>The tour is about an 60-70 minutes…which is why there’s a short break and then the info session. </p>

<p>I’m thinking that Allison will likely set your appts for 11:30 am and forward. Call her up and discuss this with her.</p>