Questions regarding transferring from tam galveston to tam CS

My son just found out today that he got into TA&M Galveston engineering not the engineering at College Staion campus. My son really wanted to go to the CS campus…can he transfer to CS after a year at Galveston? He is also considering doing his freshman year at UTSA (univ. Texas San Antonio) rather than Galveston & then transferring to CS engineering…not sure which route would be better? Also I’ve heard about the Blinn program which could also be an option. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

@txmom05 Going to Galveston is infinitely better if he wants to end up in College Station in engineering than the alternative. Galveston is considered full admission and he would TRANSITION automatically after his first year in Galveston, to College Station, after he successfully completed the freshman General engineering curriculum.

Galveston is just an expansion of seating, so to speak. Galveston will be doing the exact same curriculum as College Station and applying to Entry to a Major at the same time.

If he went to UTSA, he would be a TRANSFER student to A&M engineering, which will be infinitely harder than automatically transitioning.

The Engineering Academy at Blinn is not an option for him unless it was one of the admission decisions offered to him by A&M. It is a provisional admissions vs the full admissions to A&M that is Galveston. The Engineering Academy in Austin and McAllen you can apply to directly, but not The Engineering Academy at Blinn.

It is possible to apply directly to the TEXAS A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham (Google the application process), not to the Academy at Blinn-Bryan.

There is also the engineering academy in Houston at HCC.

There are also Academies associated with El Centro College in Dallas and with Austin Community College. There are likely a couple more as well…