questions!

<ol>
<li><p>how does the honors program work? I got a letter in the mail that referenced it but didn't provide much information</p></li>
<li><p>how important is it to choose a dorm near where your classes are? I'm all for walking and riding a bike/bus but is it a really big disadvantage to be far away?</p></li>
<li><p>I tried to find a 2016 class fb group but no luck - is there one yet?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Yes, there is a class of 2016. I will try to dig up a link for ya.</p>

<p>The link should have been on the checklist that came with your acceptance letter, but here it is: go.wisc.edu/95pu82</p>

<p>If that doesn’t work, just search “UW-Madison Class of 2016” - I have yet to join too!</p>

<p>EDIT: Nevermind, you will need to log in and search “UW-Madison Class of 2016” to find it. You must also be accepted to join-just in case anyone’s wondering.</p>

<p>thank you!</p>

<p>Check the L&S Honors Program webpage for a lot of info. Worth your while to take Honors courses/sections. No special housing. You can join in a later semester but then miss out on fall activites for freshmen.</p>

<p>Don’t bother trying to be close to your classes. Your lecture and/or discussion could be held in a different building than the departmental one. Also, once you head out you may go from class to class without necessarily returning to your dorm. You can use your Res Halls food account at any Res Halls dining place so you don’t need to return to your dorm area for meals either. Choose your dorm for the place you want to come home to. Think evenings and weekends (most stay on campus, there is plenty to do). The place you want to destress. For some it is the Lakeshore park/woods/lake atmosphere, for others it is the Southeast proximity to State St. You get exercise walking and they allow enough time between classes to get from place to place.</p>