Quick Application Questions

<p>Is the second statement optional? It seems like one of those questions alot of colleges don't require you to answer, but UW doesn't specify.</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know if UW looks at weighted or unweighted GPA? My school sends both on the transcript.</p>

<p>It is best to provide answers for both statements.</p>

<p>I believe that UW looks at unweighted GPA for core academic courses. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>When I applied, I didn't answer it. I instantly regretted after I submitted my application, but I received a quick "yes", so I'm not sure how much it hurt me. However, I strongly recommend answering it, as answering it can't hurt you, and they do say you're at a disadvantage if you don't. You might find this article interesting. UW-Madison</a> admissions myths: No one reads personal statements. I think the whole thing is a good read, if you have the time. Also, Undergraduate</a> Admissions at UW-Madison: Application statements tip sheet **Write on Both Topics:* There are two statements. Write on both. Those who do not are less likely to be admitted.* That probably answers your question more directly.</p>

<p>I believe they recalculate your GPA based on the A, AB, B, BC, D, F format, so it's not weighted, and it might not even be the same as your unweighted GPA from your high school. When I went to SOAR and saw my papers, my high school GPA was shown to me, calculated in that format. It was interesting.</p>