Quick question about ELC

<p>So I received my letter about two days ago with my pin, and yesterday I received a letter from UC Davis that said I’ll receive guaranteed admission. Let’s say hypothetically the other UCs that offer guaranteed admission (specifically UCI) do not send me a similar letter, do I still get automatic acceptance, assuming I apply to them?</p>

<p>I believe the answer is “no”. You only get automatic acceptance to the school that you received the ELC letter from which, in your case, is UCDavis. Even though you did not receive one from UCI, they may still send you one. It seems as if the only ELC letter from a specific school that went out so far is UCDavis. My S received his ELC letter from UCDavis yesterday as well. I would think that getting accepted to UCI would be fairly “routine”, since you have top 4% ELC status, but not guaranteed unless you get a letter guaranteeing you admission similar to the one you just received from UCD.</p>

<p>My son was ELC last year… You will receive more letters from the campuses guaranteeing acceptance for ELC designated students. My son got letters or postcards from each of those campuses over time.</p>

<p>UCSB is definitely guaranteed admission. I emailed the school to ask and the admissions office answered affirmative.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Absolutely; you will receive acceptances to all of the ‘guarantee’ campuses if you send in the $60. But not all programs at all campuses guarantee ELC – just Letters & Sciences, generally.</p>

<p>Note, however, not all campuses send “letters”. Some save money and send postcards. More importantly, there is no guarantee that the letter does not become lost in the mail.</p>

<p>are all the uc davis letters out?? i seriously feel like i should’ve gotten a letter…</p>

<p>Thank you! Most of my stress just went away, considering I would not mind attending UCSB or UCI. Also one more question that I have about UC applications…I can just send my SATs to one school - let’s say, UCLA - and then ALL the other UCs I apply for will receive them?</p>

<p>^^^ Yes, that is true about the SAT scores. Send to one UC and they will go to all of them.</p>

<p>^^Yes, I believe that is what the new policy for sending SAT scores to a UC school is.</p>