Raincoat Recommendations?

<p>I will be a frosh at UA this fall, and, seeing as I live in Houston, where it doesnt typically rain that much, I dont own a good raincoat. Any recommendations for a quality cheap one that would work for UA weather? Thanks!</p>

<p>Goodness!!! We’ve had 12 inches THIS WEEK, have you not noticed???!!! lol</p>

<p>We like the Padagonia and North Face hooded rain jackets. Just be sure whatever you choose has pit zips so you won’t overheat.</p>

<p>My DD has a North Face rain jacket…it was about $100…not cheap but she loves it and has definitely gotten good use out of it!</p>

<p>What about rain boots? We’d appreciate suggestions of wear to buy them, brand, etc.
Did your D really wear them?</p>

<p>We found North Face rain jacket’s at Nordstrom Rack for $64. Beautiful blue color. We saw all sorts of rain boots when we were there during one visit, Dav’s and Hunter seemed to be the most popular. In January we saw girls wearing Hunter’s with the flannel lining.</p>

<p>Yes, to the rainboots!</p>

<p>You definitely need the rainboots. We like the Le Chameau rainboots from Expeditions on the Strip or online. Woods & Water and Black Warrior Outdoors carry Hunter boots. Either brand is around $120, but are well worth it.</p>

<p>Recently bought daughter a Marmot rain jacket for Bama. We were able to test it in a Colorado downpour resulting in 1 3/4 inches of rain in less than an hour. When all was said and done she was the only dry one.</p>

<p>Any suggestions for raincoats, rainboots and waterproof backpacks for the boys?</p>

<p>We could use waterproof backpack recommendations too if anyone has one.</p>

<p>I know this is an old topic, but just spray waterproof coating over whatever backpack you have. I have a north face backpack I use all the time and the spray keeps it nice and dry.</p>

<p>We found a REI crimson raincoat on sale last year through a post on CC, and purchased a backpack cover from REI as well. We even purchased a waterproof pouch for his cell phone. Even though I thought S was well prepared, he didn’t always carry these items with him. Case in point, his cell phone was soaked during the unexpected Jan. snowstorm last year during the “epic snowball fight”. Luckily removing the battery and putting it in rice solved the problem-but he nearly destroyed a new smartphone.</p>

<p>We purchased the Borealis backpack on the North Face website (free shipping). I talked to a customer service rep and asked for a waterproof backpack. She said since they have zippers that they do not have a waterproof but to get one that has the material that goes over the zippers. They are all water repellent.
We also got a North Face hooded rain jacket at Dick’s Sporting Goods. We were advised at Bama Bound to spend money on these two items seeing that the student will benefit from a well made and good quality rain jacket and backpack.</p>

<p>DD got her Northface raincoat and Hunter boots (tiffany blue colored) at Nordstrom’s Rack. Both are staples to her wardrobe. We sprayed everything with waterproofer including her umbrella and stored ziplock bags in her backpack. A good raincoat and boots are essential and a worthy investment. :)</p>

<p>REI has several rain coats on clearance and there are some good deals.</p>

<p>Kinnucan’ in Midtown Village in Tuscaloosa has rain boots and raincoats. There today :)</p>

<p>I like the idea of keeping a small foldable one in the backpack because a student may not know it’s going to rain later in the day and be caught off-guard. These are the very thin ones that can fold down to quite small. I’ve seen some on Amazon…search packable rain jackets</p>

<p>As for a “better one”…how much do you want to spend?</p>

<p>For those who want fashion and function Marley Lilly has raincoats that are also monogrammed. They have been spotted on campus recently :). [Monogrammed</a> Pullover Rain Jackets | Marley Lilly](<a href=“http://www.marleylilly.com/Pullover-Rain-Jackets_c_124.html]Monogrammed”>http://www.marleylilly.com/Pullover-Rain-Jackets_c_124.html)</p>

<p>We have raincoat, rain boots, and umbrella, but need a recommendation for a waterproofing spray.</p>