Randall Research Class of 2026

Interview email sent 15 minutes ago! I got an interview with a 1550 SAT, 4.0UW, 5.3W and was a National Merit Semifinalist.

2 Likes

My daughter has had great luck on the mycollegeroomie site, and she has been very forthcoming about the fact that she is unsure if she will end up at UA. She is interested in a 4-person suite, and she has found another pair of roommates if she commits to UA.

My daughter was selected as a finalist for RRS! She’s excited.

1 Like

Mine too!

1 Like

Does anyone know how many RRS finalists there are? I know that they end up with around 40 Scholars, but I am curious how many are invited to the finalist weekend. Thank you.

@spoilerofdogs2
Are you still on here to answer questions about the RRS experience? Thanks.

I was curious about that as well. Looking back on threads regarding RRS in years past, it seems maybe they didn’t eliminate many candidates after the interview. I wonder if there will be a large reduction this year based off the high volume of applicants and possibly more finalists than years past. Anyone here apply for RRS and fellows? My daughter texted me that her best friend just found out that she is a finalist for fellows with the interview the same weekend. My daughter is so excited for the interview weekend especially with all the additional opportunities. She has changed her intended major from when we visited in the summer of 2021, so she is looking forward to connecting with students and professors in that department.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me when the finalist Weeknd is for Randall research My daughter is o n wait list trying to figure out when everyone is accepted etc

The dates are 2/27-28, and finalists had to confirm their attendance by today.

1 Like

There are generally 50-60 finalists and it is the same this year. I believe more than 40 acceptances are generally sent for RRSP because it is rare that everyone who is accepted decides to attend. There was one year a while ago that the freshman class was 44 instead of 40. As college decisions are made and spots open up, we do interviews with people on the wait list.

1 Like

Decisions after finalist weekend are generally pretty quick. Maybe a week or two. However, it can take a while to hear back on the wait list because we have to wait to hear back from those who were accepted to see if they decided to join. I know someone from my RRS class who interviewed and joined within a week of when classes started.

1 Like

That is very exciting! I look forward to meeting all the finalists in the end of February.

Yes. Sorry it took me so long. I should have been checking more. I got distracted by my classes.

Personally, I actually found my roommate finalist weekend. I was undecided throughout the weekend, but at the very end when I was talking with one of my new friends, I decided I was going to UA and we were going to be roommates.

1 Like

Congrats to everyone that got invited to finalist weekend. It is very competitive. High stats are good, but the vast majority of applicants have great stats. Really what separates people is the essay, and partly the resume.

3 Likes

My daughter is a finalist for RRSP and UFE. We are very interested in learning more about both programs. Congrats to the other finalists.

My daughter loved her RRS interview weekend! If she is accepted into the program, her college decision will be made. I am hoping that decisions are released by the time Bama leaves for spring break.

1 Like

My daughter did too!! Does anyone know whether invitees to the finalist weekend might end up on the waitlist? Or, is it either accept or reject for those who were finalists?

1 Like

My daughter overheard someone ask this and they were told it was just a “yes” or “no”, and I be.I’ve she said they asked the program director but I’m not positive.

I am glad to hear that!

Thank you!