Randall Research Class of 2027

Does anyone know what the interview process is like for RRS? Just trying to figure out what to expect

1 Like

Not sure what its like, maybe someone from a previous year can comment, but I also was invited!

Very casual and laid back. I think that the interview portion is only between 15 and 30 minutes. Most of the interview weekend is socializing with current RRS students and meeting the other RRS interviewees. There is also a campus tour and a meeting with your department/college. Relax, and have fun!

4 Likes

I was invited as well― I can’t believe that the flight is paid for too. I was worried about the cost of going down to Tuscaloosa, but they certainly take care of the financial concerns. I’m excited to see you all there!

2 Likes

I know, I was so excited when I got the notification! Looking forward to meeting all of you there!

2 Likes

Will we know who we’re rooming with ahead of time? Or will it just be a surprise? It’d be nice if we could chat a bit before arriving, haha

All I’ve seen so far is the acceptance email that said roommates will be assigned prior to the event, but I’m afraid that I haven’t seen any further information about when that actually happens. I’m honestly kind of excited for it though–it’s kind of like a little preview for living in the dorms with a roommate next year.

2 Likes

You will find out your roommate after you arrive. Last year, one of the participants created a GroupMe before the interview weekend.

2 Likes

I hope that everyone received good news today!