Random Questions for fall 2011!

<p>1) What software do I need to install before I get to school? I am in the college of arts and sciences and looking into business.</p>

<p>2) Explain the difference between dining dollars and bama cash.</p>

<p>1) You probably just need the typical Microsoft Office.</p>

<p>2) Dining Dollars are mostly used for on-campus retail dining…such as at: Chick fil A, Starbucks…the food courts in The Ferg and Lloyd Hall…all the vending machines.</p>

<p>Bama Cash can be used for lots of things…buying supplies at the SUPE store, buying food at any of the on-campus dining venues, using the laundry rooms, also, some off-campus places take Bama Cash.</p>

<p>1) Nothing is required in general for all students. Specific courses may require a software program though. I’d just download Open Office freeware and it will probably handle everything you need.</p>

<p>2) Dining dollars can be used for on campus vending machines, dining halls, and the ferguson center food court. I believe you can also use them at Buffalo Phil’s. ALL students get billed for $300 of dining dollars each semester regardless of whether you want or need a meal plan. They are refundable if you don’t use them or you can elect to have the money roll over into Bama Cash.</p>

<p>Bama Cash is sort of like a restricted debit card. It can be used anywhere that dining dollars are used plus many more places. It’s really best for on campus laundy and copying/printing. there is a list of retail outlets that accept Bama Cash on the ACT Card website. But remember you can’t get cash out of your Bama Cash account. It is strictly for debit purchases. Bama Cash is optional and deposits can be made online 24/7 through the act card website.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>fyi, if you’re getting microsoft office you can get office professional academic 2010 for $100 instead of $400 because you’re a student</p>