Random Questions

If it’s a hot, sunny day I’ll take one of the outdoor carts if it’s just sitting there in the lot not in the cart corral, and walk it back in (sun destroys germs).

I’ve also been known to “ride” the cart back out to the parking lot by pushing it really hard and then coasting through the parking lot when I’m done shopping. But I’m weird.

I don’t use the wipes heading into the store; my own biome protects me from the germs heading into the store. I just make sure I use hand sanitizer or wipes (I have both in the car) once I get in the car on the way home so I don’t bring any hitchhikers home with me.

Tire blowouts-I think the sidewalls of a lot of tires are reinforced steel bands-if you have a bad enough blowout, it can fling that at the car next to you, resulting in damage to that car. Plus it can take out chunks of the tire well of the original vehicle and send that flying. Or the original car ran over a “road gator” (tire treads left on the road by semi tractor trucks), and the road gator blew out their tire and probably took out yours.

I never take the carts from the cart corrals out in the parking lot and trundle them into the store. While shopping carts don’t make much noise in a store with the flat floor surface, that’s not the case in the parking lot. In the lot, on the concrete surface, the amazingly loud, high-pitched rattle the wheels make is horribly loud and I just can’t stand it.

Here is how to make your own disinfectant wipes:
https://www.livingonadime.com/homemade-clorox-disinfecting-wipes/

I often take carts form the parking lot because I can put my purse (which is too big and too heavy) and coupons/ recyclable shopping bags (if I remember to bring them) in the cart.

^^Ok that is way too much work. Plus how much money are you really saving there?

Personally, I keep my purse as light as possible–have learned the hard way that bursitis and tendonitis of the shoulder is NO FUN! I like having a pain-free, lighter existence! If my purse is too heavy to wear crossbody and keep on me at all times, it’s too easy to leave it unattended and have it possibly the target of “sticky fingers” which would really be upsetting and derail my day.

No clue, MOD, never tried it. Bit it (or something similar) popped up on my fbk pg the other day.

“Purse shoulder” is a medical term. No kidding.

@MotherOfDragons : GREAT answer. I never thought of the steel-belted aspect, but you are totally correct. I’ve had little screws on the road wipe out a tire. No reason a scrap of steel belt couldn’t do it. Good catch.

I take my cart back to the corral or the front of the store. It’ s good citizen thing to me. My car has been dinged too many times. .

We grilled a delicious butterflied leg of lamb tonight. Why don’t Americans eat more lamb? It’s got to be better for the planet to raise lambs than cows.

DH and I love lamb! We make rack of lamb (well, for company), butterflied leg of lamb, lamb chops, lamb burgers, and a stew-y lamb shanks recipe from Anne Burrell.

Oh, and a lamb stew recipe that includes cinnamon, raisins and pine nuts.

That lamb stew sounds awesome! If the recipe is online, would you share @VeryHappy?

What time should we be over for dinner??

@doschicos, I’m sending you a PM.

And we had those nice little chops with a balsamic reduction, for Easter dinner. Chocolate balsamic.

I think a lot of people (including me) just don’t like the taste. It’s probably caused by not eating it as children.

I think so too. I will eat any kind of weird meat. We were raised that way. But until recently was very picky on vegetables because we had little growing up. My grandsons love any vegetable and it’s hard to get them to eat meat because their mom is picky and doesn’t serve much but chicken.

Random question- should tree trimmers use spikeless shoes and just ropes and pulleys? We are getting estimates for work being done and this was brought up.

The important thing about tree trimmers is to be sure they have liability and worker’s comp insurance, in case they hurt themselves. We had folks who cut our trees down, as well as ground the stumps, so don’t really know much about folks that just trim. Have seen some who use mechanical lifts, which seem safer to me than just pulleys. Suspect they cost more. Also, you may want an arborist, if you care about the shape of your tree rather than just someone who will hack branches off and not care much about resulting shape or growth of the vegetation.

Yes, all places we are getting bids from are bonded, insured, are licensed arborists and recommended by neighbors. They can’t get big equipment into the area.