Random Questions

So far I have received none from D party. Maybe I’m getting so many from Rs because I live in a pretty red state, so they figure they have more of a pool. They would be annoying no matter who sent them.

2 Likes

I get political texts all of the time but have never gotten one that says “last chance” or accusing me of anything. They are from the party I have donated to.

1 Like

Well that makes me jealous. I’ve never lived in a Blue area*, Blue state, yes, but red area of the state in my youth. Can’t say I recall getting any such political mailings in my youth though. They seem to be a more modern “invention” which is why I think many of the “dire” ones, esp texts, are likely scammers. Maybe not. I haven’t investigated.

*We did live in RI for a year or so, but never switched our residency to there since it was temporary and military related.

Exact text:
BLACKLIST WARNING
Friend, you kept ignoring us. This is really it! Renew your Republican Membership for HALF OFF today or you’re done."

I wish they would honor their, “you’re done” statement.

Same with “last chance to buy insurance” or other such scams.

5 Likes

Seems more like a scam than a legitimate political party outreach message. Does the link actually go to an RNC website or (as I suspect) a fraudulent website made to look legit?

2 Likes

Just learned you can text “stop” and stop getting texts from that #.

4 Likes

That’s what I do, and it works.

1 Like

Not really a random question, but a random comment –

My single mastectomy was yesterday at Mayo. I went in at 5:30 AM and was home by 10:30 AM. Mastectomy as outpatient surgery :flushed:! I’m feeling fine today – no pain to speak of. I’m amazed.

27 Likes

That’s amazing. I hope your are feeling ok today and that your surgery will be effective and you’ll be back on your feet soon! Sending good vibes.

3 Likes

Big hugs and speedy recovery.

3 Likes

@patsmom best wishes for your recovery.

3 Likes

Best wishes, patsmom!

2 Likes

Best wishes for you!! Glad you don’t have pain. That’s amazing!

2 Likes

Best wishes. Drink lots of fluids, rest, and take whatever pain meds they gave you. Delighted to hear you feel good!

3 Likes

@patsmom, glad to hear you’re doing well. Don’t push it too much! You’ll need time to heal fully.

2 Likes

Change of subject:

I have a Dell computer, model XPS-13. Where do I look to find out how much memory it has??

I have the same Dell. Click on your Start icon, then the System icon (the gray wheel), then scroll down to About. The first displayed item is Device Specifications, which shows how much RAM you have installed.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thanks, @patsmom! CC comes through again!

1 Like

Help - I will be attending a formal occasion in about 10 days, and I have serious tan lines on my ankles. I will be wearing dress shoes for the occasion.
Should I use self-tanner on my feet?
If so, any recommendations?
Other ideas? I do NOT want to wear pantyhose.

Thanks