Random Questions

1214mom - I’ve found Dermablend looks great for coverage that matches skin tone (include tanned skin) that will not rub off and looks really natural.

5 Likes

Thanks - I will take a look at that.

1 Like

I second the Dermablend recommendation. I use self tanner on my legs where it works well, but it never seems to “take” on my feet.

2 Likes

Can’t seem to start a new thread, so will try here. DD is job hunting. DH keeps asking her if she’s followed up on job applications. He’s never applied for a job online or with a major big company. So I wonder if it’s different these days.

For example, she has applied for a job at a flagship university for a support staff position. She got an email that she met the minimum requirements and her application has gone to the hiring manager who will determine who to select for interviews. The website shows the job is open until 10/10 so I assume she may not hear anything until after that. Being an online application, she doesn’t really have a point of contact. Is it a good idea or bad idea to try to find someone to “follow up” with?

Not sure the best answer here. Just wanted to mention that often the job placement offices at colleges/universities are still available to alumni well beyond graduation. Perhaps it would be worthwhile for her to check into that, get some advice about the current hiring market.

1 Like

My H does a lot of hiring. He said “no” to reaching out unless it’s after an interview.

3 Likes

Posting here because I can’t seem to get to the forum issues page!

I can’t switch forums or post a thread on the cafe (or really get out of the cafe) on my phone or iPad. When I click “new thread” nothing happens. When I try to open the drop down menu for another forum page nothing happens.

If I open a new tab and go to the forum issue page via the main CC page, my avatar is missing and I can’t seem to post there.

Any one else having issues?!

Haven’t been able to post a new thread all day!

I had a bunch of issues this morning but things are better for me now.

Tagging @CC_Jon so he can see your message.

1 Like

That’s very strange. I’m seeing the same thing. I also am not able to change the notification setting using the bell icon. I’m gonna see if something changed recently.

2 Likes

I THINK it’s better this morning!

Anyone have experience with arch pain? I have been experiencing this for about a week now with my left foot. We usually walk barefoot inside the house and we recently switched all of the upstairs to hardwood floors, pulling out old carpet. Wondering if that is adding to my problems. Would wearing house slippers help? Any recommendations?

@arisamp I recommend OOFOS sandals. Unlike regular house slippers they are designed to support your feet and arches. You can also do foot exercises such as calf raises to strengthen your feet.

5 Likes

Oofos or if you want something fuzzier, Vionic slippers. I am a barefoot kind of gal, but I live in my Vionic slippers and Oofos “shower shoes” when it is hot. Prepare for a sticker price shock… but you get what you paid for!

Vionic:

https://www.amazon.com/Vionic-Womens-Indulge-Relax-Slipper/dp/B099QKC8PV

I have a pair of indoor only sneakers with good arch support that I wear in the house. I absolutely can’t go barefoot for any prolonged period of time.

I agree with FallGirl concerning the Oofos and highly recommend them. You may also find freezing a water bottle and gently rolling your foot helpful.

I went to a running store looking for a shoe orthotic since I walk a lot. Instead they recommended that I roll my soleus and I purchased the following product.

Any time my foot starts to hurt I roll the area above my ankle and it usually helps quite a bit. If there is a specific spot that hurts as you roll, be sure to gently focus on it. I find that when my foot isn’t hurting, rolling the soleus isn’t painful. When I’m experiencing foot pain, it does. I’m including one more link because if you look at the photo on the box, that’s how I use this smaller roller.

Note: If you have a larger foam roller I’d test to see if it helps you…no need to purchase something specific for the soleus. DH and I only bought the TriggerPoint product years ago with the foam box because we are pretty active and need/use it frequently…we had tried different shoes/inserts/etc and through experimentation rolling made the biggest difference.

2 Likes

I’ve been wearing these exact Vionic slippers for a few years now and it made a world of difference in foot and ankle pain; also less leg cramps. This style is great for my bunions. Yes sticker shock - I think I’ve gone through five pairs now, but am home most of the time so they are my usual foot wear.

Ooh, just checked the link, so many new patterns! I’ve done beige and blue but am tempted to try more fun patterns now.

1 Like

Some are disconnected! Pick your size and see what’s available and the prices! :slight_smile:

Marshmallow tropical! It’s on my wish list.

Edit - purchased as an early birthday present to self. Plus am still using up gift card from getting the Amazon credit card.

1 Like

Oofos has several on sale as well. I have two pair - one slides, one thongs…I am not a slide person usually but grab them most often.

2 Likes

Did we used to have a “like” button on CC that’s now changed to a heart? Or am I messed up?

1 Like