Random Questions

Thank you! That is reassuring. I use mine in the oven occasionally and wondered if I should stop doing that. No chipped paint in any of the designs on my pieces so I will continue using them as I do.

Phew… before reading the details I was afraid it was going to include French White casserole dishes etc (I have a lot!). One of my patterns is in the secondary group of photos, but only 90ppm. Nanny bought them with me at Caldor as an engagement gift in 1984 - not many left. Lots of other plates though in plain white and other patterns (I like to pick them up at thrift stores - they stack easily).

Yeah this scared me too. Seems it might be possible for the paint used as decoration to contain lead but unless the decoration has broken down or is an integral part of the actual plating area it poses no risk. And like everyone else on the internet–“I’ve used these plates for 40 years and ain’t giving them up!”

1 Like

I’ve been worried too because I love my Corelle! All my bakeware is fine, according to all the sources I’ve read, :sweat_smile:.
But, I have the Pyrex measuring cup and a few plates/bowls of the maroon flowers (much>90ppm) set. Most of them were broken before my kids were old enough to eat off them but I’m just getting rid of the remaining ones now. And as far as I can tell, the Iris pattern isn’t in either photo group.

Trace lead in dishes. Leaded crystal is fine for short-term food contact; it takes time and acidity to extract lead into the food/beverage. Ditto paint on dishes. If you are not storing or cooking food in the dish, most likely it will be fine. I think the blogger mentioned testing the dishes using the XFR technique. This method measures lead in the object but does not say a thing about how much of it can leach into the food that has been in contact with the dish and how quickly lead can get into the food.

3 Likes

Just got a pair of Prana joggers. Love the pants - the material & fit. But the joggers are short - more like slightly long capris with the cuff at the bottom. Don’t quite like that. Same was true with a columbia all occasion pant I tried. Anyone have recommendations for a brand that has “tall” sizes? I am 5’ 9" with long legs. Am looking for lightweight outdoorsy pants - for hiking, walking. Not leggings.

Athleta seems to have some joggers with tall sizing— Brooklyn lined joggers and Brooklyn heights joggers. I have the ones with the lining and like them for cool weather walks. I’m 5’6” with long legs and regular is 4 inches above my ankle. Haven’t tried the tall.

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=533443

Lulu lemon also has some longer length joggers. But they are more like leggings than regular pants (Stretchy material).

1 Like

Agree with the above! Check Lululemon. They disclose the model’s height. This model is 5’10” - the pants are my favorite of theirs, Dance Studio.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/womens-track-pants/Dance-Studio-Pant-III-R-Lined/_/prod1520006?color=45739

Old Navy and Lands End have a decent selection of long sizes. LL Bean has some.

Have any of you used services that help you sell concert tickets that you can’t use? DH bought concert tickets, but now has to go out of town on that date. He’s looking for a way to get at least some of his money back. I’ve seen a few online but don’t know how reputable they are.

My husband uses StubHub to re sell sporting event tix. Several years ago I bought concert tix through Ticket Master and they had a re sell feature which I used.

1 Like

Can you share the Prana jogger link? I am looking for cuffed and sort of short! :slight_smile:

I also used Stub Hub to sell football game tickets. Easy.

2 Likes

This is what I got (price has dropped a little bit) - it’s a great deal. Only wish it wasn’t short :slight_smile:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L59F7KN?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

Can someone explain this to me?
Woody is 61. Matthew’s mom “knew” Woody’s dad who was on furlough while she and Matthew’s dad were in their SECOND (!!!) divorce. Matthew was born 8 years later and says he’s disturbed to find his “Dad” may not be his bio dad. Why would his dad not be his dad? And did his Mom give Woody up for adoption? I am so not getting this story. Have checked Wikipedia on their background.

My daughter is at a conference in San Diego at the Hilton Bayfront. Any close restaurants close that are a two thumbs up for tonight? She knows CC is the place for recommendations!

That’s a pretty isolated hotel so she will likely want to take rideshare/taxi. I haven’t been, but Callie’s gets stellar reviews: About - Callie - East Village Restaurant — Callie I have been to and enjoyed Animae, which isn’t too far: https://www.animaesd.com/

1 Like

One more, Italian place in the Gaslamp: https://operacaffe.com/

1 Like

From my sister who lives out there:

She is near the Gaslamp, which is a lively pub and restaurant area — which we old folks don’t enjoy, but is fun for young people. Also near Seaport Village, restaurants on the water, if a bit touristy. But my advice is for her is to ask the concierge. And surely a bunch of her colleagues will be going out together. But she she should avoid walking back alone — not likely to get mugged, but she might trip over a homeless person or two.

1 Like