Random Questions

I believe they said that until there was enough utilization to handle the cost factor of picking up the boxes, this was the best option at present.

1 Like

This is what we use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZDRHV3N

We line it with compostable bags, which then get moved into a 20 gallon bin with larger compostable bags, which gets picked up by a service every two weeks. No yard waste is allowed.

Thanks, I was looking at one like that. (Husband suggested OXO). The ad I found was white but had a bright green middle support ring. Like your grey better.

1 Like

We compost in the backyard, but our town also has free countertop compost bins and free drop off sites. Seems like Lomi has a lot of ads.

1 Like

We use this no nonsense bin:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AMNCYNQ

With compostable liners. They go into the large yard waste bin with other yard trimmings which is picked up weekly.

I like stainless because it is easy to wash and is light but sturdy. Ceramic bins may look cute but they are very heavy.

2 Likes

I should add that we redid our kitchen many years back with IKEA and set up a pull out cabinet in our island with bins for recycling and compost. I think this is the updated version. HÅLLBAR Bin with lid, light gray, 3 gallon - IKEA

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Glad to hear you like tha tone because it caught my eye during online browsing. The link was also helpful because it showed compostable bags pretty cheap (13cents each). . It is nice that we no longer need the big trash bags in the kitchen bin with all the yukky stuff in the compost pail. (I do keep a stash of plastic from packaging to wrap a few things, like meat package.)

Maybe another day I’ll start a thread on trash reduction.

I’d be interested in reading that.

1 Like

Random question . For those who use Apple products are you or how much are you paying monthly for iCloud space?

I’ve been laying .99 monthly but now apparently that is nearly full and they want me to graduate to $2.99 month. I realize it’s not that much for security but I’m still annoyed!

Second part of question. I’m the past I’ve logged into my iCloud through Google chrome and have been able to delete stuff to make some room. It’s telling me that browser is not supported. What? Not Google chrome?!

Finally any tricks of the trade to making space in the cloud.

I’m not an apple person at all but I do have an iPad that I poke around with. Just last week, all of a sudden, I wasn’t able to view CC on my iPad (using chrome), and I was getting a similar error message about an unsupported browser. Turns out I hadn’t updated the iPad to the new iOS… When I did everything was fine.

/tldr; does your iOS need to be updated?

I keep being told my icloud is full and I need to pay $.99/month. So far i’ve resisted.

Is your phone still backing up?

It’s suppose to update tonight!

I’m not sure. I suspect if i move most of my photos to the computer and delete them from icloud and my phone, there may be more space.

1 Like

I was able to log into iCloud from Safari - a browser I never use! I did some photo deleting and could do so much more. And I’ll try and work on that

Do I need a different setting so that not ever photo I ever take goes to iCloud? If I delete it from my phone apparently that doesn’t delete from iCloud

You could turn off icloud for photos on your phone. But, if you lose your phone or it breaks, then it may not be backed up.

1 Like

Anyone know what these are? Brother found them in back of a drawer when redecorating. Prior tenant of room (their son) does not recognize. Does not seem to be related to any of the musical instruments or video games he played. Image search doesn’t turn up anything. My theories are pocket watch holder or photo brooch.

Looks like a filter of some sort.
Do they hinge closed?

Are these broken halves? Do the top “antenna” pieces fit together? Hinges anywhere? They almost look like broken spectacles of some sort.

No clue.

1 Like

My best guess is they are parts of old monacles. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes