Random Questions

Did she try to “answer” the FT calls and was there just no connection? Or did she just see your name and a FT call in her “recent calls” or “missed calls”??

I don’t think she answered. She texted me to see if it had been intended or a “butt dial”.

Random question:
Does anyone NOT love peonies??? :cherry_blossom: :lotus:

3 Likes

A friend’s phone seems to try to facetime me when she is trying to place a regular call. Any chance you are calling this friend and its doing that?

Picked this morning!

14 Likes

Good thought. That could be possible, if she were seeing the Facetime evidence 24+ hours later. At the time she asked, I had been on the couch watching TV for a few hours.

She did say this had happened once before, from my number. I figure that if there is some kind of iCloud security issue…. until one of us has another example with different contact we won’t which of us has the problem. Until then, I’ll assume it’s just some kind of misinterpreted indication.

Beautiful, I like most flowers but peonies are near the top. I bought some this week at Trader Joe’s and I’m enjoying them. Indy that you grew them.

1 Like

Very common in gardens here and this is SLIGHTLY early for blooming but it’s a short blooming time so we treasure them! They were the main flower in the arrangements at my son/DIL mid-June wedding.

4 Likes

I love peonies but they seem to last in the garden for only about 20 minutes.

3 Likes

Have you changed your HO insurance since buying your house? Do you bundle it with your car insurance? How did you find your current HO ins. company?

I’m not happy with our current insurer, but I know that several others are more expensive and have worse reputations here for claims handling. USAA refused to insure our previous house and referred us to Chubb ($$$) so I don’t care to try them again. The main reason I want HO ins. is for liability coverage, but our umbrella liability policy has to be bundled.

Would you recommend your insurer?

Our insurance agent came with our first house. The previous owner at some point divorced and briefly dated an insurance agent. He set her up with a fantastic policy, and we were able to carry it over from her. It was some kind of mutual insurance policy where the company would only cover a certain number of houses per area, and they had to meet strict standards. The first year’s premium was a little high (110% a usual policy), but after that it was dependent on the number of claims, never to exceed the initial premium. Most years we only paid $25 for the YEAR. The worst was $100. A couple were zero.

Unfortunately, we moved to a 100+ year old house that didn’t qualify, but we kept the agent (not the same person she dated!). We do bundle with car insurance, and every few years she shops around to see if she can get us a better deal. If we have an accident, she takes care of everything for us. I love her and don’t mind if we pay a little more than if I shopped around myself. I hate that stuff.

We are currently with Hanover Insurance. They seem fine, but I’ve never had a claim with them. However, I may have her shop around some more. They raised the value of our house over 40% this year! We already have to pay for a replacement value that is WELL above what I can sell it for. Now it’s over 3x what I could even dream to sell it for. But I didn’t feel like dealing with appraisals and stuff right now. Younger S will be coming off our car insurance soon, when he moves and buys a new car, so I’ll deal with it then.

We have an agent who handles our insurance for personal and business. We have always bundled. For many years we had Kemper but they skyrocketed a few years ago and now we have Travelers. One plus was when my car windshield cracked I got a replacement of the original manufacturer replaced for a small fee. Kemper didn’t cover windshield replacement. Also Travelers is supposed to foam our house if a wildfire comes through. It’s supposed to be a better policy for a lower premium than we previously paid.

We have in independent agent. she makes sure we have all the coverage we need and will shop around if premiums get too high. Many of our policies are with local insurers rather than national ones.

We have Amica. Homeowners, umbrella, cars bundled, plus term life which we let expire when last child graduated from hs. Been with them 40 years. Only claims have been for 2 cars totalled. Very responsive with adjusters and checks, no apreciable increase in rates.

But, I don’t shop around.

1 Like

We currently have Safeco. Dumped MetLife that said we needed to repair our roof that the roofer said would be good for the next 7-10 years. Our independent agent found us the current deal. Bundle everything. When the youngest moved out and went in her own, our agent looked for a policy for her, and the best quote came from Progressive.

We are with Chubb for both home and auto. Their customer service when we have a claim – not that often – is superb, as is their track record of paying for our claims.

We have Erie. It probably is more than we need to pay, but I’ve been with them for well over 30 years. We haven’t had any problems with claims, but we did have to pay a fortune in car insurance for a couple of years when my kid had an accident soon after getting his license.

I think this is what I need to look for in our new area. I stayed with our current insurer only because of the agents who ran the (then) local office. Both the original agent and his successor have died. In the year since the second agent died the office has not been well run, at least two assistants left and I’ve only just learned that they need additional documentation related to our new house.

Thanks all.

We’ve had AAA for car/home/umbrella since our first home in ‘85. We’ve only had one house claim in all that time (water heater leak damage) but several windshield replacements (free). The rates seems reasonable to us, so we haven’t shopped around. We’ve also had a home warranty policy (Old Republic) on our current and previous home (24 years total) which always pays for itself and OR service is great.

Any dishwasher recommendations? Our old crappy one has finally become too bad and has a small leak probably in the seal so we wake up to a bit of water on the floor. It’s never done a great job cleaning dishes anyway. Got it from IKEA when we redid our kitchen 15 years ago. I think maybe it’s a KitchenAid or Whirlpool.