Random Questions

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Shopping-Foldable-Washable-Groceries/dp/B083J5YVLG

Come in many colors/styles. Last forever.

1 Like

Very cute!

These are the other ones I have. They are fine but I like the Baggu ones much better. They are roomier yet fold more compactly.

Which makes me want to comment.

Am I buying them to have a stock of reusuable bags to have in my trunk? Then @oldmom4896 bags can really fit that bill at an affordable price.

Do I want to have one or two to drop in my purse or suitcase to always have “one” available or for travel purposes when packing space is at a minimum? Then I want something strong, roomy and very, very compact.

1 Like

Agree.

The poster who asked the question wanted something compact for her purse. Hence my comparison of the bags.

Here’s the Baggu I have in my purse compared to a 3 x 3 post it note.

When it’s opens it’s a good size AND the sides are a good 5.5 inches

depth.

3 Likes

Worked great after reading this- used less detergent.

1 Like

The Baggu bags can also be washed. I have washed all of mine and they wash up well. I always have one or two in my purse for shopping at the mall or the farmer’s market.

Tote bag of Cotopaxi around $22- I gave it as a thank you gift recently and they loved it.
Folds into a little bag.

Mercado Reusable Tote - Del Día

Mercado Reusable Tote- Del Día

$22.00

2 Likes

Yes, I have plenty of reusable shopping bags but I asked the question b/c I wanted something compact that would fit in my small crossbody for days when I might make an impromptu purchase while out and about. Thanks for the recommendations/comparisons.

2 Likes

One more to add to the suggestions. Blu bag (brand) come in a little zippered pouch. I bought some in a local store, but they are also on Amazon. Often I give these as gifts to remind others to avoid plastic bags, and the patterned designs are very cute.

Here in DC, where I am spending time, the National Gallery shop has lovely bags with designs from Monet paintings and the like. They are a little too stiff, if beautiful.

A friend gave me a Baggu which has a slightly larger capacity and the handles are long enough to use it as a backpack. A D borrowed it, never to be returned, thus I’ve ended up with the Blu Bag.

Envirosax has a set with Van Gogh paintings. I couldn’t resist and just ordered them (from Amazon) The Envirosax are soft and very strong.

The Baggu look good but the handles go opposite of the way you might put them on your shoulder. Not sure if it makes much difference but a consideration. Guess that’s how it can be used as a back pack though.

I looked at the BeeGreen ones especially for the price but it sounds like the material varies from design to design from the reviews. Many who had previously bought them were disappointed with the new material which they said was stiff and very cheap looking.

I’ve had envirosax for years - maybe a decade - and they’ve held up really well. I even throw them in the washing machine regularly with no problem (I hang to dry which they do very quickly). I almost always have a rolled up one in my bag.

1 Like

My last set of BeeGreen bags lasted at least 3 years and the new ones are just as good, imho.

@twoinanddone I don’t want to get reprimanded for replying in the no reply allowed thread. Maybe something is dead behind the fridge.

1 Like

deleted

1 Like

Very random and very specific - I want to buy concert tickets at Nationals Park in DC . Has anyone attended a concert there? If so, where do you like to sit and why?

As I said not all the BeeGreen bags seem to be made of the same material. The material varies with the design. Same as some come with a pouch and others have an elastic band.

Is it just me or is Campbell’s Tomato Soup just not what it used to be?

This was a staple when I was growing up, my kids were growing up. Everyone seemed to like it with a grilled cheese or mac and cheese for a quick meal. Don’t have it much now - I personally prefer a tomato basil or something - but I keep a couple of cans in the pantry.

H wasn’t feeling the best this week and said grilled cheese and tomato soup sounded good last night. So I made it. Subpar!! Added milk (our preference) as usual - so thin and runny! Lacked flavor. Blah.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of canned soup but my husband likes to keep them on hand. Have you tried any of the Amy’s tomato soups? He was disappointed when Campbell discontinued the Wolfgang Puck tortilla soup.

1 Like