Random Questions

Good idea. I’ll pick up several at Publix when the new ones come out shortly.

1 Like

Best pricing I have found by far is to order through discountmags dot com. Great ping, guaranteed renewal at either the same or lowest possible price and the do NOT auto renew. IIRC, they send you a message to confirm if you want to renew (if you did not choose auto renew). Highly recommend!

4 Likes

I know I’m late to this post…but we have friends who did the around the world cruise I think on the Victoria. But they have done the trans Atlantic on the Queen Mary as well. I’d be glad to message you what I know.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from @Creekland recently?

3 Likes

I was just wondering the same thing a few days ago.

2 Likes

Hmmm- she hasn’t posted in 2 months

My library (with icloud) has tons of magazines that I can borrow like a library book so I haven’t subscribed to anything for a long time. Nice because of the variety.

1 Like

We get the subscriptions MIT technology review and Bloomberg business week from the company and when they have a reduced rate, sometimes under my name, sometimes under H’s name.

I have been in touch with Creekland. It sounds like she and her family are doing well.

12 Likes

I do hope she comes back. I really appreciate(d) her voice here.

4 Likes

If you talk to @Creekland again tell her Sweetgum says hi!

I just DM’d her, just FYI. Hopefully all is well.

I don’t know if it was posted here, but the Shokz open ear headphones are deal of the day sale at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/deal/cdaa86ed?showVariations=true&ref=dotd_lm&ref_=pe_837390_737275010

1 Like

Is this item at my Gmail inbox legit? scam?

Yes it is. You can read about it here…

Gmail now pushing Enhanced Safe Browsing — what you need to know | Tom's Guide.

3 Likes

Thanks! I clicked the link and Enabled.

Seeking opinions on trimming my straw bonnet ala Jane Austen (my perfect scarf untied itself and floated away in the wind without me noticing it). Do we prefer as separators:

Glass irregular greenish bead (perhaps two instead of one) -

Silver tube -

Or combo:

Thanks for advice!

1 Like

I think I like the last picture best! I like the bit of spacing.

5 Likes

I like the bottom one the most. But will they be heavy on the hat?

3 Likes

Hopefully they’ll keep the hat from blowing off my head, which is how I lost the scarf.

6 Likes