Random Questions

I have the same pattern on my front porch cushions and they have sun-bleached/faded the same way! The two that get the most sun are not far from the pattern disappearing and I just recently said that it’s time to replace.

1 Like

did you look at Wayfair?

A bit. It’s tricky finding sizes that are right. Also why I’m starting to lean towards recovering since the current cushions are in nice comfy, fluffy condition - just totally faded and not the print I desire!

1 Like

What a great set of sun room furniture. We have a 30 year old Lloyd Flanders’ sofa and rocker set in ‘weather resistant wicker’ on a windowed 3 season porch and it has held up beautifully. In the last few years, I made 2 attempts to replace the cushions with different Homegood’s models. They felt fine for brief sits, but DH gave them the thumbs down for longer stays (an afternoon nap). All this to suggest that if you haven’t had the chance to test drive the cushions that are there, it may be worth it before you invest in recovering them.

We wound up ordering replacements from where we bought the furniture just for convenience, but there were on-line ways to order for a specific brand name style if you can determine it. I also think most areas have people who can custom make them. There were likely cost savings in both of these options, yet the cushions would have had more comfort and durability than the others we tried. It all depends on how you’ll use the space. Have fun and enjoy your sun room.

1 Like

Because you’re all invested with me, I found the company name and looked up a piece - in addition to the couch we have a rocker, ottoman, side chair, end table and coffee table. Trying to leverage my good design knowledge to ask if we could have it upon purchase (they left for free) to get my husband to realize the savings and let me buy a new sectional for another room - lol.

We have sat on it and dined on it and it’s super comfy!

6 Likes

@abasket, have you checked Etsy? I have a Dutalier rocking chair and the company doesn’t make cushions/cushion covers for it any longer. There is a woman on Etsy who does.

1 Like

I didn’t. To be honest I think that I”d prefer working with someone local so I can guide the process and handle the fabric, etc. It’s what I think my brain can handle right now!

3 Likes

Does anybody use SurveyMonkey, with just free/basic functions? I want something simple for committee voting, since my current method (a string of many reply/all) can get tedious. Trying to decide whether it is worth signing up to give it a try.

Yes, I use it for basic functions—finding meeting times/dates, choosing when folks can attend family reunion, etc. I only have free version and it’s good for simple Qs.

1 Like

I use it at work for simple surveys. On the free subscription you are limited to 10 questions and limited features. I make it work!

It’s easy to send the link or provide a QR code.

1 Like

Christmas is coming… but I’m not ready to start a gift thread…
I’ve been told one person would like high end s’mores makings.
Kraft (graham crackers and marshmallows) and Hershey (chocolate) are the standard brands as far as I know. Anyone have ideas for a high end version?
Thanks

1 Like

Giardelli chocolate

4 Likes

Funny - That was my first thought. Thanks

1 Like

And another random question…
Navy blue or a more “medium color” blue/green for a travel backpack? I thought I had no choice and had to go with the lighter color, but I was able to find the same one in navy. Now I own both and need to return one.
I THINK a navy is better, because it won’t show dirt as much?

1 Like

I’d pick the lighter color, especially if it may need to be gate checked; so many backpack are dark.

4 Likes

There are many companies that make fancy marshmallows. I’d look on Amazon or in the gourmet section of your grocery stores.

2 Likes

Vosges chocolate bars

Lots of “gourmet” marshmallows are often available at Home Goods/TJ Maxx/Marshall’s. XOMarshmallows ship anywhere.

Hudson Valley Marshmallows makes different flavors of graham crackers (chocolate chip, chocolate, cinnamon) and of course marshmallows ; )

2 Likes

Another advantage of a slightly lighter color is that it doesn’t get lost on the floor of the plane or car when you’re traveling. dark colors can blend into the upholstery and be hidden in shadow more readily. I really like my new travel backpack with bright aqua lining that shows the interior better than dark unlined backpack.

4 Likes

I’d include in a s’mores kid some alternatives to graham crackers. We have done Lorna Dunes (cookies) Rice Kristy Treats, Ritz crackers (so you have salty with sweet) , and empty ice cream cones (not the cake cones) - the latter for campfire cones! You fill up the cone with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, mini Reece’s or whatever, wrap in foil and set in a very warm part of the fire to get toasty / melts then unwrap and eat!

You can also get fancy marshmallow sticks.

3 Likes

Yummmmmm.