Random Questions

Real estate: who wants to buy Elton John’s Atlanta condo? Only $5M. You have to watch the video! And of course it’s set to his music. https://youtu.be/f-NBP8hoHhQ?feature=shared

Is anyone watching AGT?? That dog act (dog name was Hurricane) was incredible!!! Google it if you didn’t see it.

1 Like

Any recommendations for a product to control frizz? I use the Revlon dryer/brush combo and my hair comes out looking great, smooth and almost straight (little wavy). Go out to the event/party and even if there’s the slightest humidity/rain, my hair frizzes out/gets all curly. What product do you use? And how? (with dry hair/wet hair)?

Arisamp - I’ve been using the same Revlon dryer brush. My hair stylist said it can be very drying because your hair is touching metal.

She said it’s important to use a hair oil/protective product before using the dryer brush.

She recommended this - surprisingly affordable
https://www.amazon.com/Garnier-Fructis-Anti-Frizz-Frizzy-Unmanageable/dp/B006J44BSI

I also add a bit of Aragon Oil (available at CVS, etc)

I’ve used the Garnier it and it’s okay - I think another leave-in, heat protectant serum might be better (I am on lookout and will post if I find something else).

I use R&Co High Dive Moisture Shine. I think it works very well and is safe for color treated hair.

1 Like

To those who use the Revlon Dryer/Brush combo: I bought this for DD. She didn’t like it, so gave it to me. I find it VERY heavy and cumbersome. Anyone else?

1 Like

Kjofkw- I find it sooo much easier than a regular dryer + round brush. I just could not get that combo to work.

So it’s relative for me - hot rollers are still the easiest but the Revlon dryer/brush straightening seems to last longer.

My hairstylist recommended this brand to her college student clients. Good products but at a price point below salon products.

1 Like

Multiple answers here.
I use It’s a 10, either the regular or with Keratin.
I sometimes use Living Proof Perfect Hair Day.
I find both a brush and regular dryer or the Revlon thing relatively easy to use, but I usually just let my hair dry naturally.

My hairdresser uses this on my hair. Lasts much longer than keratin and no formaldehyde!!! Control the Frizz with the latest technology from Qiqi Hair Controller – Morgan and Morgan

I use Kerastase heat protectant and Dyson Airwrap in brush mode. Seem to help with flyaways and frizz.

https://www.sephora.com/product/resistance-blow-dry-primer-for-damaged-hair-P434431

2 Likes

I think I’ve tried every product mentioned here. I have thick, kinky curly hair that I sometimes wear natural but other times I want it smooth- it looks so much better and put together when I spend the time but, like you say, the slightest bit of rain or humidity ruins it.
I use a Dyson dryer and if it’s humid I might run it through my flat iron as well- this is my best hope for straight, smooth hair- I have yet to find that perfect product that works for me.
My most recent product purchases are 2 by Moroccanoil- a frizz shield spray and a smoothing serum. Of course, there’s been low humidity since buying them .
I dislike hairspray and have yet to find one that truly hold up under high humidity.

This I have not tried but my stylist has suggested it. I am hesitant- what level does your stylist use and has there been any downside? Do you find your hair really stays smooth no matter the weather conditions?

Yes! I really like this product. There are different formulas (in different colored containers) for different hair. It lasts a long time, but grows out with your hair, meaning when I wash my hair the top new growth is wavy while the rest is still relatively straight. I still flatiron, but its much faster to do. I’ve used it for several years now, and have her apply it about once a year. No more keratin for me!! And no frizz!

1 Like

Good to know- thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I posted this in SAY IT but have to have some interaction with my question/gripe: why is it so freakin hard to buy a light bulb anymore??

Omg we are having 5 lights installed tomorrow and 2 came with everything needed but I had to go buy 3. Of course the info provided in the light description is really not that helpful! And the lighting aisle in the big box ? Light bulb he_l!!!
Just offer to see me the right bulb(s) online when I’m buying the light! I’ll pay TRIPLE to not have to try and figure it out at the store!!

Is there some trick?? Please tell.

1 Like

No help, but sympathy. Lightbulb purchases are H’s thing. And every time we have to get one, he gripes about how hard it is to find the same bulb. He even brings it to the store, and half the time, no luck.

3 Likes

I buy mine on line. Last several on amazon- they come well packaged, so far.

3 Likes

IKEA has a great selection, if you have one nearby.

How frustrating! The lighting fixture websites are really missing an opportunity there.