Random Questions

We went to Drury Lane Oakbrook Terrace several times over the years and enjoyed their shows (and theater). Not at the level of Loop traveling shows, perhaps, but very convenient if you’re in the Western burbs. We took our out-of-town guests there to see Grease during son’s Bar Mitzvah weekend.

1 Like

I so appreciate all these suggestions, everyone!

I love community theatre and smaller venues just as much as the big venues and traveling shows so this is all great. It is nice having options to enjoy the arts close to home.

My friend’s daughter was actually one of the “Matildas” at Drury Lane a few years ago. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions - CC comes through again. I probably should have started a separate thread on Chicago must-dos considering the amount of responses!

We love Garrett’s popcorn. And H has to get Giordano’s deep dish. Any veggie restaurant recommendations?

We have done the architecture tour several years ago. Might do it again this year. Second City was on my list as well.

2 Likes

This is a cute place in the Lakeview neighborhood with several vegan and vegetarian options. Live music some nights as well. It’s a cute neighborhood, close to Wrigley.

1 Like

Good businesswomen with big butts?? :woman_shrugging:

What would be appropriate for an emergency kit for an electric car? (Thinking it may be a Christmas present).

1 Like

I like my plug in tire pump. There is no spare tire in my car which is worrisome, and I was advised not to use the temporary tire repair kit that puts gunk into the tire as it could mess up some of the car’s sensors that measure tire pressure, etc. And while fortunately I haven’t needed to use it, I am glad I have it. Also, I like having the “puck kit” that has the lifts needed for a Tesla to change the tire. Never know when it might be needed.

2 Likes

I have never heard that about the gunk kits. We use those. We have given them to our kids. I don’t think an emergency kit for an EV is any different from one for a gas car except no gas can or oil or jumper cables needed. We got our kids those little USB rechargeable jumper kits for their plug in hybrids. Those are great, but not needed for a full EV.

Not sure what kind of car you have, but that was the advice I was given for my tesla.

I have a Bolt EV. I don’t think what you are talking about an electric pump is going to help if there is a leak in the tire. You’ve got to seal the leak.

If your car is a Tesla, check if it is equipped with so called run flat tires. This is the type of tire that can be driven on slowly for several miles.

I agree: a tire inflator that automatically stops when the pressure reaches the set value is a very helpful thing to have in the car.

Electric pump and first aid kit are the two accessories we have in our EV. Have used the pump more than we thought we would to add a couple psi of pressure to the tires due to changes in the outside temperature.

1 Like

Nope. They aren’t run flats.

Oh, I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to have an electric pump but it’s not going to fill a hole in your tires.

The problem with the slime tire repair kits is if your tire (like many Teslas) has the noise reduction sound deadening foam in it. The slime will soak into the foam instead of plugging the hole. It doesn’t hurt any sensors, though. If you use a slime type kit you’d end up needing to replace the tire, though, if you have the sound deadening acoustic foam. You’d need to check and see what kind of tires you have on your car to know if it will work. It’s great for my kids’ cars. I run the OEM self-sealing Michelins on my Bolt, but I have a slime kit just in case.

Hmmm… I did not mentioned or endorsed any such kit. :slight_smile:

New Q: Anyone else having an issue with the CC page not scrolling to the most recent post read by you? I also posted on the general FAQ page, but the last entry on this topic was over 2 years ago, so not sure it will be read.

For the last week, when I open the Parent Forum (or Cafe) page, it no longer updates the “red” line (indicating where I left off). Nor are the numbers updated on threads I’m following, indicating how many recent posts from my last visit.

Is there a setting that accidently changed?

1 Like

It’s not you. There was a system issue yesterday. I sent you a pm.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Community Forum and Issues was listed on the menus instead of having to do a search??

7 Likes

Just ate at Indienne in River North and they have a vegetarian tasting menu. It was amazing!

1 Like

New question…

Today is Monday Oct 30th.
If I say “next Thursday”, do you interpret that as Nov 2nd, or Nov 9th?