Random Questions

4 to allow for a day of poor weather or feeling poorly for any reason!

2 Likes

I’d say if you spend all that time and money to get there, stay longer than 3 days. (Though we do know a non-retired couple that did a long weekend, somewhere that had a direct / quick flight from Denver).

Last Feb we did 7 nights outside of Puerto Vallarta (our first time at an all-inclusive). I’m glad we stayed that long. But we did get off premises a few times… might have been bored otherwise. Took a full day bus tour (with lunch in the mountains). Also taxi into PV for market / cooking class and taxi to closer small town for lunch and wandering. My husband took a taxi himself into PV for a sunset photography class - it’s a long ride, and I was happy to stay put that
time!

2 Likes

It probably depends on the type of people you are. We went to Mexico and it was for 5 days including flights, so 3 full days and we still booked two excursions. Chichen Itza one day and another day we went horseback riding, and zip lined (even upside down) through the jungle and had lunch zip lining into a Cenote.

But that’s how we roll. 4 hours sitting on a beach is my max before I have to do something. We don’t sit well

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this feedback!! I’m planning this as a kind of counter-point to our family trip to Italy earlier this year. It was go, go, go, hop on a train, stay in a new place every night. It was fun but (honestly) just exhausting.

The best thing about Italy was spending time w/my two adult kids.

So thinking of someplace relaxing with them - one that I also might consider as a warm-weather local down the road in semi-retirement/retirement for a few months of the year!

So looking to get a feel for the place in a low-key kind of way, for all those reasons.

Sounds like 4 days might be better for that…

Appreciate it!!

1 Like

Who always recommends Oofos? @BunsenBurner? i just got mine, comfy and all but they don’t feel so different from my Uggs slides that I’ve worn from April to now. I’ll probably wear the Oofos to the wedding on Saturday. (The Crocs logo pops right out. )

1 Like

@BunsenBurner got me hooked on Oofos…but there are lots of fans here! I haven’t had crocs myself for quite some time but from what I remember, I think Oofos are super supportive but also somehow more “cushy” than Crocs. And all my pairs never show wear - last forever!

1 Like

And @abasket got me hooked on Oofos. Last fall I got a navy pair of flip flops, and this year I bought same in a light color. (Interestingly I do need to try them on. Sometimes size 7 is better, sometimes size 8).

Now that the weather is cooler I’m wearing my Easy Spirit Traveltime clog a lot. (Mine are a navy color, not available at the Kohls link below - wore them a lot with black and grey slacks on the boat on our recent Viking river cruise) Easy Spirit Traveltime Women's Classic Mules

3 Likes

What is your favorite combination of roast veggies?

Carrots (and more carrots).

1 Like

In The summer I like the summer veggies all together: small tomatoes, various peppers, onions, zucchini/summer squash.

Broccoli and garlic are good together

Love roasted beets.

Potatoes, mushrooms, onions, something green lime broccoli or brussel sprouts

To be honest, anything in the vegetable bin is great!

3 Likes

This is the roasted veggies dish I have been making for thanksgiving since 2009.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/recipe-roasted-roots-with-fennel-and-apple/

2 Likes

Potato, onions, cauliflower and carrots

1 Like

I like to include eggplant.

1 Like

Oh people, you need to add parsnips to that combination! I absolutely love roast carrots, parsnips, potatoes and onions all together. Parsnips are divine.

7 Likes

I love zucchini. Some love brussel sprouts. For eggplant, best if skin is removed or it can be tough and/or bitter. Pearl onions are cuter and sweeter than whole ones and little potatoes or sliced sweet potatoes are nice.

2 Likes

Roasted beets are also very nice. The skin is very easy to remove after roasting—wear a disposable glove if you don’t want your hand(s) stained.

2 Likes

People love pairing roasted beets with feta or goat cheese for the contrast.

8 Likes

Great combo!

That looks so good!

1 Like

Can you reuse Prime envelopes for personal usps mailing?