Random Questions

Use “Just for Men-Mustache and beard”. This trick was from cc. Works wonders, takes 5 minutes every 6 weeks or so, for me. Cost about $7 at Walmart. Several color choices. My eyebrows look so much thicker once I color them.

I also am still using the Castor Oil trick from the cc thread. I got them thick, then they were too light. Both problems solved :slight_smile: I am all about not much time on the beauty regimen!

Please explain the castor oil trick?

Don’t use hair dye on eyebrows. Check carefully.

A new product is a powder-ish creme you brush on that can make them look lusher. And darker.

The Castor Oil trick was swiping them with Castor Oil every night, that’s all. Mine were pencil thin and actually absent in spots. Most of the people who thought it was successful agreed it takes at least 25-30 days to make a difference. I will agree with that, but I kept at it.

Thanks, @sryrstress !

I wouldn’t go too dark @alh. I have very strong brows and they look fine but if I put on a light colored wig for Halloween or something, the contrast can be frightening (and not in the intended way!). Maybe experiment with eyebrow pencils to find the color and darkness that you want.

I just use mascara to darken my eyebrows.

Anyone use Latisse for lashes? Any issues?

You can use Latisse for your eyebrows, as well. It won’t keep them from turning gray, but it will make them thicker.

I have pale blue eyes and I don’t want to take a chance of them turning permanently brown (possible side effect of latisse), so I just made peace with my short, light eyelashes. If I want to look dramatic I can have them dyed or wear fake lashes.

There’s an entire huge thread about this. I haven’t had enough caffeine yet to go hunting for it, though.

Besides covering the gray, I find that I need to “tame” some of those wiry hairs. I use this Mac product.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/mac-pro-longwear-waterproof-brow-set?ID=1474490&pla_country=US&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120156340000231527&CAAGID=13678153586&CATCI=aud-64368004115:pla-79667338910&catargetid=120156340007957248&cadevice=c&cm_mmc=Google_Beauty_PLA--Beauty_MAC+Makeup±+GS_Mac--55659172466-_-pg109689_c_kclickid_c1ac3373-02be-4137-83ff-c5b9c841e44b&trackingid=450x109689&gclid=CLaA5-b2nc8CFQ6maQodd3wJHA

@JustAMom5465 , definitely. Put it through the food mill without the cream and add the cream after you reheat it to ensure that the cream doesn’t curdle. Should be great!

I could have sworn I asked this “random” question here, but I can’t find it:

WHY does it hurt so damn much when you stub your little toe on the coffee table?! The pain is so out of proportion to the injury!

Well, I found an article that attempts to answer it:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/11/heres-why-stubbing-your-toe-hurts-more-than-anything-in-the-world-5098645/

And yeah, I just stubbed my little toe and nearly began sobbing from the pain.

I have two white eyelashes. The indignity.

^^ Start calling yourself the Snow Queen and go with it.

@Nrdsb4 The toe thing sucks, but I think getting banged in the nose is worse than the stubbing your toe. My guess is guys would respond with a different response. :smiley:

Not gonna go there @doschicos … but yes.

Wait. When I get my hair colored, they always dye my eyebrows. Am I missing something?

@bookworm, I color my hair myself. I don’t think I’m willing to color my eyebrows though. Seems a little more dangerous that close to my eyes.

I see this comment: “Avoid using hair dye. The dye that is formulated for use on your scalp is going to be way too harsh on the skin around your eyes.” I’ve seen harsher warnings than that. Maybe the hair gal is using a gentle formula or feels expert enough to get it precise.

I bumped my elbow once and passed out from the pain…