random questions

<p>every1 talks about the "stuck-up snobby" student body, but how relevant is this? ppl make it seem like a big deal, but all colleges have thier fair share of types & personalities..</p>

<p>do ea applicants have an edge over reg applicants, or not too much?</p>

<p>how good is their comm skool?</p>

<p>thats all i can think of for now</p>

<p>The Comm School is good enough that people who spell school “skool” are not admitted.</p>

<p>wow, as if I don’t know how to spell school correctly. it’s the internet, ppl use abbreviations, get used to it. i didn’t even notice that I put skool instead of school.
& i know its a good SCHOOL, i wanted to know in comparison to other comm schools</p>

<p>The comm school has a good reputation. My son had a pretty good experience with it, although he had to double major. They had talked about doing away with the double major so I don’t know it it’s still a requirement (this was a year ago). He did transfer second semester of his junior year.</p>

<p>thanks a bunch! double major within the comm school?</p>

<p>I’m majoring in the Comm school right now, and yes, you will have to take a second major on if you major in the comm school.</p>

<p>This second major CANNOT be in the SoC, however. You’ll have to take on a second major that is in one of the other colleges. For example, I’m double majoring in the school of Arts and Sciences.</p>

<p>The “snobby” reputation: don’t worry about it one bit. I was kinda worried about it coming here, and it exists, but it’s so tiny, it’s not a worry one bit. You’ll find people that are cool and down to earth so fast. - It’s just a stupid thing people always bring up, but really, it’s not even worth mentioning. You’ll find that at any private university.</p>

<p>And yes, EA does have some preference over regular for scholarship. </p>

<p>If there’s anything else I can answer, let me know.</p>

<p>thanks jj227, you’re so right about any private university. ive gone to private schools all my life so I know what you mean.
and just curious, have you heard anything about doing away with the SoC double major requiremnt?</p>

<p>I too have gone to private school all my life. Trust me, it’s really nothing to fess over.</p>

<p>Well, I’ve spoken with the Honors counselor at the SoC as well as the Dean, and it seems that the way that the SoC is accredited required taking a second major outside of the Comm school. - So, unless we’re going to see a re-accreditation, no. You’ll be forced to take a second major.</p>

<p>However, I don’t use the word “forced” in a bad way. Sooooo many people here double major, or double minor, or double or triple something. It’s almost abnormal at this point when I hear someone only mention a single major, unless it’s Theater or Architecture or Music or something rigorous like that. But even then I hear it sometimes.</p>

<p>UM offers so many opportunities, and the opportunity to double major is only one of them. And it’s such an easy opportunity to take advantage of, that, trust me, you’ll have more than enough time in your 4 years here at UM to do it easily (provided you aren’t switching your major every semester). </p>

<p>Let me know anything else I can answer!</p>