Rank the UCs

<p>they are talking price and quality of education. You get the same education regardless of were you go</p>

<p>I’m not going to argue over the accuracy of Forbes’ list, but it’s a little concerning that even our highest institution, Berkeley, is only #73 on that list. The third UC listed, Santa Barbara, is #199! Isn’t UC supposed to be known for it’s quality schools?</p>

<p>It’s still a ranking after all, and it has a questionable methodology.</p>

<p>Anyway, I’m visiting SB this weekend as an alum, and wow, with the recent changes to IV and campus, it’s an even better place. The students here are basically paying for a vacation along with great academics. It’s such an incredible place. No wonder it has the highest alumni giving rate of the UCs by far.</p>

<p>^I think the emergence of the Forbes rankings should allow CCers to reflect on the validity of college rankings. Do they really mean that much? Maybe USNEWS isn’t the bible afterall when picking colleges?</p>

<p>[America’s</a> Best Public Colleges - Forbes.com](<a href=“http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/06/best-public-colleges-opinions-colleges-09-top.html]America’s”>America's Best Public Colleges)</p>

<p>I can pretty much agree with these rankings if you subtract the Military Schools, and New Mexico State, Utah State, and U Wyoming…</p>

<p>UCB #4
UCLA #5
UCSD #8
UCI #9
Cal Poly #16
UCSB #24
UCD #25
UCSC #28
UCR #37</p>

<p>Interesting that they put University of Wyoming of Ann Arbor.</p>

<p>@BestIndaWest
I agree</p>

<p>hmm that would put Univ of Mich Ann A below UCI,
does anyone else see this as incorrect ? </p>

<p>i have nothing against UCI but really, come on ? Isn’t Univ of Mich Ann A, suppose to be one of the best public Universities ?</p>

<p>haha yeah it the Berkeley of the east</p>

<p>Yeah, these are definitely “interesting” ratings. ;)</p>

<p>again i would like to say that these rankings are just BS
maybe this is a faux pas on my part since i am from california but University of Texas, Pan American , Western State College of Colorado and SUNY, Binghamton are higher than UCSB, and UCD ? </p>

<p>University of Utah, University of Wyoming is ranked higher than UT-Austin ?
New College of Florida (has ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS UNIVERSITY ???) ranked higher than <em>UC Berkeley</em> (america’s best public school – don’t argue ppl , u know this is true) , <em>University of Virginia</em> , <em>University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill</em> AND <em>UCLA</em> </p>

<p>jesus christ , the last 4 are the top public universities ( no matter where you live, you atleast heard of atleast one of them) </p>

<p>this just proves that these rankings are BS and rankings shouldn’t matter when going to a college.</p>

<p>University of Michigan is a good school, the UCs have a better reputation I would say, and UC graduates probably make more money than Ann Arbor graduates.</p>