Rank UCs and CSU please?

<p>I will be entering senior year this late august. Ive decided to major in Electrical Engineering. Since i will be applying to colleges soon, I need information on which UCs and CSU are best for Electrical engineering. So may someone rank the UCs and CSUs by their Electrical Engineering program? I seperate list for UCs and CSUs, or one list that ranks them all at once against each other is fine. Remember though I want it ranked mainly on Electrical Engineering, if not then try to rank them based on overall engineering. Please and thank you ;].</p>

<p>For example, Cal stage Northridge Electrical Engineering program compared to UC Irvine or UC Davis or UCSB or UCSD, which college is better. <----- do me a favor and dont just answer this question, please rank in a list or something. Thank you for your time and help.</p>

<p>guessing lol</p>

<p>UCSB(jking UCB)
UCLA
UCSD
UCSB
UCI?
UCD?
UCR
UCSC
UCM</p>

<p>^
LOL at UCR being above UCSC.</p>

<p>Uh… Here is how I look at them !</p>

<p>UCB
UCLA
UCSB
UCD</p>

<p>The rest… I just cannot see myself at those schools (=</p>

<p>ucsb is not above ucsd</p>

<p>ucb
ucla
ucsd
CAL POLY
uc irvine
SAN JOSE ST.</p>

<p>Uhm so i noticed most people placed UCB and UCLA, of course i know that they are at top, so can someone list without those 2? thanks ;]
@mccormickt12, Which cal poly?</p>

<p>San Luis Obispo</p>

<p>look at rankings where phd isnt the highest. it is almost always top 4</p>

<p>[Best</a> Undergraduate Engineering Programs - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report](<a href=“http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/spec-engineering]Best”>http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/spec-engineering)</p>

<p>sorry, according to here it is 6 ranked where a doctorate is not offered, but i dont count US army stuff.</p>

<p>lol iono I heard UCR’s engineering isnt that bad, lol and i never heard about UCSC engineering o.o so i guess :)</p>

<p>ucb
ucla
ucsd
ucsb
uci
ucd
ucsc
ucr
ucm</p>

<p>engineering at UCSC is a joke. There too busy smoking and protesting</p>

<p>“engineering at UCSC is a joke. There too busy smoking and protesting”</p>

<p>You seem to be insecure about your school considering the amount of time you spend bashing Santa Cruz.</p>

<p>no i am just stating the obvious, their engineering isn’t the best. Plus don’t forget the large amount of UCSC people who refuse to recognize that their school isnt not the best in the science department</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No one said UCSC’s engineering was the best. </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This thread is about engineering programs, try to stay on topic.</p>

<p>UC Berkeley - 22
UC Los Angeles - 25
UC San Diego - 35
UC Davis - 39
UC Santa Barbara - 39
UC Irvine - 41
UC Santa Cruz - 72
UC Riverside - 94
San Diego State University - 183</p>

<p><a href=“http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings/state+CA[/url]”>http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings/state+CA&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>

</p>

<p>Right, but the OP is specifically talking about Engineering programs. I believe UCR has a <em>slightly</em> higher ranked Engineering program as a whole. Even so, my point is that there are only marginal differences between the programs based on many sources. Both programs and plenty respectable and we should end the discussion there. Stating one school is a “joke” just shows one’s ignorant blind bias.</p>

<p>I am sure any engineering department from a UC is not a joke.</p>

<p>I’m with you proteinman, after having been in UCR’s engineering department. I would assume any engineering program from anywhere is not a joke. It’s a tough discipline.</p>

<p>For engineering, I’d place Cal Poly San Luis Obispo easily in the top 3 with UCLA and Berkeley. Not because I’m going there for college, but its engineering programs are really strong and well respected among hiring companies.</p>

<p>wait, none of the CSUs are ranked in the top 100?</p>