Ranking the UC's

<p>Why does everybody rank UCR at the BOTTOM? I would think UC Riverside is the Harvard of the West.</p>

<p>909</p>

<p>To think that it's incredibly different than UCSC or UCI in quality doesn't make sense, but someone has to go at the bottom, be it the Ivy League, the top 14 law schools, or the UCs. <em>shrug</em></p>

<p>*** UCR harvard of the west?</p>

<p>"To think that it's incredibly different than UCSC or UCI in quality doesn't make sense, but someone has to go at the bottom, be it the Ivy League, the top 14 law schools, or the UCs. <em>shrug</em>"</p>

<p>Yo, man. I saw that you got into this big hoo-hah with some dude who hates UCR...yet, you seem to love ucr, but you go to berkeley. What's up with that, Drab?</p>

<p>909</p>

<p>Buddy, you are that guy. Stop pretending, it doesn't make you look better. </p>

<p>What's up with that is I am very familiar with the school and have taken many classes that, as well as know many students there and some administrators and professors. Can I not love things I am not intimately involved with? And also, how do you know what I love? I don’t particularly love UCR, or any other school. I do think that it’s a fine school, and gets very bad rap. Berkeley has things UCR can’t offer, such as the rhetoric department, generally better academics, generally higher quality students, a more interesting city and closer to a large, more interesting city. I lived in Riverside for 18 years, and wanted to experience something new, something other than Southern California- this is part of the reason why I went to Berkeley and not UCLA as well. Good enough for you?</p>

<p>And it's DRab, not Drab.</p>

<p>nicely said DRab</p>

<p>Okay, Drab. No need to get emotional. I just wanted to understand the motivation behing your incessant attacks on anyone who says anything negative about UCR. </p>

<p>And one more thing - there's more than one human being with an internet connection that doesn't think very highly of UCR....might wanna keep that in mind before you accuse all the UCR-naysayers of being the same person.</p>

<p>909</p>

<p>Whoa, I'm not emotional (although you're one to talk, considering all the anger you excreted through your other name). I don't incessantly attack anyone who says anything negative about UCR. That is a complete misrepresentation of the truth. I tell people who misrepresent UCR is an utterly and completely horrendous view that they should reconsider, and present information as to why they're wrong, and misrepresenting things.</p>

<p>I do keep that in mind. Thanks for the priceless information. </p>

<p>UCR is in the 951, bro.</p>

<p>Wow, a crusader. Too bad, because the fact that people write such poor things about UCR here just reflects the negative perception the general public has for the place. Sorry, man.</p>

<p>909</p>

<p>P.S. I think I know Riverside is in the 909...but perhaps you DIDN'T know that people still call it the 909 ANYWAY? Perhaps you're not aware of the negative connotations of "The 909?"</p>

<p>You would be the crusader, the anti-ucr crusader. I really would comment about the school if I thought it were givent a somewhat fair portrayl. I'm aware of the general public view, but I guess the majority is always correct, right? Sound logic.</p>

<p>Riverside used to have a 714 area code, for longer than it had a 909 area code. People who still call it the 909 must be unaware of the change, or ignorant. Claremont has a 909 area code, for instance- is it ghetto and negative? I'm aware of the connotations, really, but does that mean they're right, based on EXPERIENCE, or anything to that measure? No.</p>

<p>So if everyone outside of the Inland Empire believes that Riverside is a smog-infested white-trash hicktown, does it really matter if it's not? When people find out where you're from, guess what: you're automatically branded and judged. That's just life, it's not fair, it shouldn't be that way, blah blah, but that's JUST the way it is.</p>

<p>That being said, there's some merit. Riverside is ranked #1 for pollution nationwide. (This may be the only #1 ranking Riverside will have for anything.) Secondly, there really aren't objective measures of what "white trash" is, but if you look at a few things:
a) Riverside and the IE are a haven for white supremacists, neo-Nazi's, etc. (see the Wiki article), and it's so bad that there's a hate crime committed once EVERY TWO TO THREE DAYS
b) Even the television show "The O.C." pokes fun at how white trash Chino is, which is part of the IE
c) Popular radio station hosts in Los Angeles refer to Riverside people as "dirt people." </p>

<p>The list goes on and on. Regardless of what the true area code is, people know what you mean when you refer to "The 909." Sorry, dude.</p>

<p>909</p>

<p>This is what my h/s counselors told me:</p>

<p>TOP TIER:
UCLA, Berkley, UCSD</p>

<p>MIDDLE TIER:
UCSB, Irvine, Davis</p>

<p>LOWER TIER:
UCSC, Riverside, Merced</p>

<p>The same old song and dance. Not everyone outside the Inland Empire believes what you do, or claim they do. No need to apologize to me, dude. You’re the hostile angry one here. UCR has the best etymology department in the nation. There’s another number one. It was the richest city in America at the turn of the 1900s. A wikipedia article isn’t the most valid of sources, but again, it’s nice you’re citing them this time around, and sure, it indicates something. And really, mass media can do what it wants.</p>

<p>what's eytymology?</p>

<p>Entymology, I mistyped. The study of insects. UCR also has other great programs, such as philosophy (one of the best places to study continental philosophy, concentrated at the graduate level, but accessible to hard-working undergrads), the writing program, a decent business program.</p>

<p>Hey... at least UCR is better than the cal-states.. right :-)? (I think I might have just started another conflict, calstates vs. UCs... here we go!)</p>

<p>I would definitely pick Cal Poly SLO over UC Riverside</p>

<p>Depend on which major, I would pick cal poly slo over uc riverside or uc riverside over cal poly slo</p>

<p>haha I too would say that I'd go to Cal Poly SLO or Cal Poly Pomona over UCR. Heck I might even pick CSU Fullerton, seeing how it's near me and their career fairs boat hundreds of companies and it possesses a great communications school and advertising major (since I'm interested in marketing/advertising).</p>

<p>
[quote]
Entymology, I mistyped.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Keep attacking me if you want to get banned again.</p>