Rate my Class Schedule, how easy or hard

MATH 151
CHEM 107
CHEM 117
ENGR 111
ECON 202

I have credit for Math 151 and 152 (5 on Calc BC, A in Calc 3), but I want to start fresh for a better calc foundation and to not be surprised with hard math. I also have taken Macro and Micro, got an A in the class, but did not take the AP Exam. How hard would it be to maintain above a 3.5? How time consuming are the chem classes? (I’m not too great at chem, but if I can work hard, is an A possible?)

That seems like a very reasonable schedule. Chem isn’t too time consuming, except for the lab. Don’t take Collins for chemistry, I only took him because I had no option, and his grade distribution was the lowest amongst all other past professors. ENGR 111 will be the most time consuming headache, but making at least a B shouldn’t be too hard as long as your professor isn’t cynical. A 3.5 is definitely feasible, the calc is an easy A as long as you do the past common exams before each test.

My son spent far less time on CHEM 107/117 than he did PHYS 218, so if you’re delaying your physics requirement until second semester, you should have plenty of time to devote to chem. My son had Daniel Collins – he gave only one A in my son’s section (my son ended up with an 88 or 89 and got a B), but I don’t think that’s the case at all with other professors. ENGR 111 may have some harsh grades, but after a curve, most everyone ends up with an A or B. You should be set for MATH 151 considering your experience with it. Who do you have for ECON 202? Edwardson is supposed to be very good (and also gives a high percentage of As).

Also note that the standard schedule calls for PHYS 218 first semester, and CHEM 107/117 and PHYS 208 second semester. Do you plan to push your second physics into the summer, or take it sophomore year?

@lee6666 @KievanRus I have Lawerence Brown for lecture and Vickie Williamson for Lab. Are these people good teachers and graders?

@lee6666 I took the AP Exam for both Physics 218 and Physics 208 in the spring. I got a high A for 218 and a B for 208 and a 4 on both practice exams. I intend to take credit for both classes if I do get a passing score on the AP Exam, regardless of it being a 5 or not, because I remember vividly how hard those classes are. For Econ I have Sara

@tankr98, Yes, I’ve heard good things about Brown. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach it last spring. Don’t know about Williamson, but you can review her grade distribution here: http://web-as.tamu.edu/gradereport/PDFReports/20161/grd20161SC.pdf (search Spring 2016, then Science, then Chem). Also, good for you regarding Physics! :slight_smile:

Brown is a good professor. Your lab is taught by a TA, so it doesn’t make a difference who you get. Definitely take credit for the physics, I knew people who got 5s on the AP physics exam and retook them because they were expecting an easy A, and they got C’s.

@tankr98, Just curious – who do you have for MATH 151 and ENGR 111?

@lee6666 Math 151 is TBA, for Engineering I have Elms