RD - Class of 2024

Getting this one started early - who applied RD to Kenyon? What are you planning to major in?

rip to no one replying. i’m chose comparative world literature and public policy ! good luck to everyone applying

I’m applying RD undecided.

My daughter’s interested in English and art history.

Natural sciences/ environmental sciences (Geoscience) and music theory ?

Computer Science, hello everyone!

Computer Science and Theatre here, @CallMeBio !

Does anyone know when decisions come out?

Just a head’s up in case you aren’t aware… there is no Computer Science major at Kenyon. There’s only a concentration. You’ll have to major in something else, then have the concentration in CS if you so choose.

Thank you for that, I had no idea @ChaosParent23

When do we think RD decisions are coming out this year??

Last year they were announced on Saturday March 16th, @flgrl1007 . If they stick to a Saturday, that makes 3/14 seem likely.

I do not, but I will note the following:

1. In 2019, decisions seem to have come out on 3/16.

2. I found this page for Kenyon Admitted Students. If they are expecting to have overnights for admitted students as early as 3/26 and 3/29, I imagine that decisions need to come out by 3/20. (I guess those first dates could be just for ED applicants, but I’m guessing not.)

https://www.kenyon.edu/visit-kenyon/admissions-events/april-visit-days/

Best wishes to you!

Does anyone know when admissions decisions are coming out?

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

I want to major in English and Spanish if I get in, and I applied to the creative writing scholarship. Hoping I get accepted, although apparently, this year is the third-largest applicant pool they’ve ever had :confused:

@neptunecleo Have they posted the number of applications received?

These are the CDS for the last 4 years. Grad Year- # Enrolled/ # Admitted/ # Applied

2023- 487 / 2271 / 6662
2022- 539 / 2204 / 6152
2021- 453 / 1896 / 5603
2020- 487 / 1702 / 6403

As you can see, there is a definite upward trend in the admitted column, while the applied column is a little all over the place. You can also see that the current Sophomore class was over-enrolled 2 years ago.

Not yet but I have an inside scoop (my bf goes there and his mom is on the parents’ board and she told him). Take my information with a grain of salt, but I do expect the number of applications to have risen this year.

1 Like

admissions decisions will come out this saturday. i called the office of admissions