RD Date?

<p>Can anyone tell me when RD applicants got notified last year? S did not apply to VT ED since it is binding, and he wasn't ready to commit to any school yet. Just wondering how long we have to wait for the RD decision.
Thanks.</p>

<p>Hi Goheels,
I believe the "official" notification is listed as April 1st. Last year, online notification came the towards the end of March (the last week). Son then got the letter right around the beginning of April. It was the last school son heard from and his first choice to boot, so the waiting was really hard for us all. Good luck to your son.</p>

<p>D got likely letter in Feb or March.</p>

<p>S got online notification Mar 2 and they mailed it out the same day. If you qualified for Honors and they had time to get to your application, you got the early notification. Otherwise, you had to wait until April.</p>

<p>it is march 23</p>

<p>Zimmer, do you know an applicant can qualify for honors? Do the adcoms decide or is there something else?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Would you mind posting your stats to get the likley letter? S has already been accepted into engineering into NCSU and Clemson (with OOS tuition waiver and some other money). When we visited Tech last spring they said they didn't do OOS waiver unless you majored in a field that wasn't offered at your in-state schools, so that let us out.</p>

<p>Va Tech relies striclty on numbers for admission and Honors. Check the website. It should tell you what minimum GPA and SAT you need to have to be offered Honors. D had 3.9 GPA (weighted) and 1430/2130 SAT.</p>

<p>I forgot to add: she got a letter from admission saying her app looked strong and so they forwarded it to Honors Program who invited her to apply. She had to fill out another application and write an essay on how she envisionned her future (or something to that effect).</p>

<p>Thanks. Based on that, S should get a likely letter, too. Don't know if he will end up going there -- merit aid would certainly be a swaying factor.</p>

<p>So people know, the honors program will allow you to apply to the program even if admissions does not forward your application to them. You do not have a guarantee that you'll get in, but they will definitely consider you. You just have to phone up I think the Honors director and he'll send you an application anyways.</p>

<p>Honors is a separate department from Admissions and has its own site in VT. That will have the lowdown on minimum requirements. Just a note - if you get accepted early but haven't heard from Honors, it may show up a little later. But if you haven't heard by mid April from Honors, and you believe you qualify, then you need to contact them for the application (which is not much really). But you need to do it before the acceptance date of May 1st or whatever the exact date is this year.</p>

<p>The minimum isn't really the minimum though, thats what I'm trying to get across. The guy that does admissions for the honors program was saying that the minimum set for the program really is just what admissions thinks should be considered, but if you would like to apply independently, you can call and receive an application anyways even if you do not meet those requirements. This means that if you don't have the stats that meet the minimum, but wish to still be considered because you feel your course load is above average or you have outside circumstances you think admissions to the college considered, you can still apply.</p>

<p>Very, very true. Many doors open for those willing to push.....hmm, sounds like a proverb or something!</p>