RD Notification

<p>Hey</p>

<p>So this is pretty random, but I got an email a little while ago that said if I got my mid-year transcript to them in "a timely manner" that I would hear in March. My transcript was sent lke 5 days later, and I was just wondering if anyone else got this email and if so, have you heard anything yet?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I don't remember whether I received the same e-mail or not, but I got my admission decision in the mail today...</p>

<p>i got my letter today too....</p>

<p>waitlisted</p>

<p>congrats beccareful...i'm an international student still waiting for the decision...does anyone know if internationals are notified by e-mail first?</p>

<p>my friend--international student--got his decision yesterday in mail. admission plus aid. they never sent him any email as far as i know.</p>

<p>where is your friend from?</p>

<p>southeast asia if that helps. you?</p>

<p>ok thanks...i'm from bangladesh and i'm yet to recieve any mail...i guess they mail the rejections out after the acceptances</p>

<p>best of luck. it may not be half as bad as you think. this can't be the only place you've applied to right?</p>

<p>its not but i was hoping this would be one of the places i would get into...the other are kind of a reach for me</p>

<p>I found out via mail on monday i believe. i was on a comserv trip. accepted!</p>

<p>can anyone suggest me something? i got waitlisted...and i don't know if this is any different from being rejected?...what's the probability?</p>

<p>If you do a search, I saw a pretty good explanation of what the waiting list is, but I don't know the specific numbers for CC</p>

<p>did they mail out all the decisions already?</p>

<p>just got the rejection letter today...i though i would have been accepted without aid but they just rejected me straight</p>

<p>veeshan! I got waitlisted too!</p>

<p>Waitlist is basically different from rejection because, if enough people who are offered admission choose not to take it, you can go back into consideration. But you still need to commit to another school, even if CC is your top and you'd like to remain in consideration. If that's true, make sure to mail in that form and demonstrate a lot of interest.</p>

<p>According to the letter CC has admitted "between 10 and 100 students" from the waiting list. Which is really specific and helpful, of course. You can increase your odds by sending them a letter of interest, updating them on recent achievements since the time you applied, reducing financial need (or telling them that you have) and by encouraging all of your friends on the waitlist to pick another school. ;)</p>

<p>I personally chose not to stay on it because
1) I'm already accepted somewhere I'll be very happy--and with sizeable financial aid.
2) The waitlist is never a sure thing, and this goes for admission and financial aid. You're basically out of luck for merit scholarships, and, as you can see in the letter, financial aid depends on the "availability of funds." The letter even implies, to some degree, that the need for financial aid can hurt your chances of coming off, which is why I mentioned that earlier.</p>

<p>However, if CC is your #1 choice, even if you're not sure about the financial aspect, by all means go for it and see how it turns out.</p>

<p>My support goes out to my fellow waitlisters and rejectees! May we all meaningfully and effectively pursue our goals, dreams and callings wherever we end up. :)</p>

<p><3pauline</p>