Received an email requesting me to complete an online survey for UC

Hi guys,

I just received this email:

“Your opinion matters to the University of California. That’s why you’ve been selected to represent hundreds of UC applicants in this important survey to help us improve our admissions application.”

It further told me how I could win a $50 Amazon gift card by filling it out. This particularly felt weird but the link attached below took me to the survey on the UC website and the email itself was from ______@ucop.edu

It was a 10-minute survey that asked me about my general experience with the application, applying to other public and private colleges, four-five questions about my experience with asking teachers for letters of recommendations for other colleges, and then asked me to rate all nine sections of the application.

Has anyone gotten an email like this recently or in the past years?

I got this as well.

Got it here as well.

Is it a hoax? because I got it too

It doesn’t look like it. Click the link provided for more information and it takes you to the UC website. They are trying to get feedback from people who submitted their application as well as those that started it but never submitted. It is 100% optional so, if you are concerned, don’t fill it out.