Received two Yale interviews?

an alumni interviewer reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and we schedule an interview to be next week. I just received another email from admissions today asking for a senior interview as well, does anyone have any info on what I should do/what this means?

For us (different Ivy) it turned out to be an internal miscommunication that they sorted out once we e-mail back to double check.

It must have been a glitch on their side. Politely let them know you have set up an interview with their alumni " Name them " already
What region are you from ?

4 Likes

I’m currently living in California for my senior year. I have emailed them to double check. Maybe it’s just a mistake? unless anyone has experience with this in the past.

2 Likes

It’s almost certainly a mistake. Email whoever the contact is and inform them that you already have an interview scheduled with _______ on date and time.

1 Like

Best of Luck!

2 Likes

I emailed them and apparently it wasn’t a mistake. They told me to take a senior interview this week. In the email it said it was “because no alumni were available in my area” but I had already gotten an alumni interview and the guy was from new york. I’m not sure why it said that though

Thank you! They said that I had to book a slot within 24 hrs so it’s this week haha. praying for the best :pray:

Finished the interview today! The guy said It was supposed to be 30 mins (and it was around there). My internet died in the middle of the interview… but we managed to get it back. Overall I think it went okay, there were some tricky questions I was kinda thrown off but I managed to scrape together an answer. Hoping for the best!

Awesome, happy to hear it went well. Can you please elaborate on tricky questions?
Were.they like completely off topic?

1 Like

I’ve had several interviews in the past and the questions that my Yale senior asked were a lot more personal (as opposed to “Why XYZ University”). With my alumni interviews our conversation seemed very connected as in we had built up from my previous responses/questions etc… but for the Yale one, it felt like he was just going down through a list of questions he was planning on asking so it didn’t really flow well, which kinda caught me off guard. It was a bit scattered and some of the questions were tricky (and he pressed me to dig deeper after my initial responses). He seemed pretty nice though, although at points the energy seemed kinda low (because we got cut off since my internet crashed mid-way in).

1 Like

Thanks and best of luck!

1 Like

You too! Did you have a senior interview as well?

No i have not had a call for interview yet. The only one so far is Dartmouth for me. That went well and was simple.

1 Like