Recently accepted for fall 2011 term at UW Madison?- ACT, GPA, and other credentials?

<p>If it is possible for anyone who has been recently accepted to the university of wisconsin- madison to post some of their credentials that helped them get in that would be so great. It's nice to see what they are looking and give us a heads up on what to expect on our soon-to-be admitance desicions. Thanks!</p>

<p>[For</a> Admitted Students - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/admitted.php]For”>Admitted Student Checklists – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>ACT- 33, 8 writing
SAT- 2240 (10 on essay)
GPA- 4.0</p>

<p>Credentials “Stuff”
Speech and Debate nerd, 4 years (captain)
Student Council (VP 4 years)
National Honor Society
Show Choir and Band Member (4 years!)
National Merit Semifinalist
Math team member
Held two jobs
FBLA member
DECA member</p>

<p>good luck with your application (at least, I’m assuming you applied?)</p>

<p>I got the acceptance letter today. :)</p>

<p>ACT: 33
SAT: 2250
GPA: 3.977 UW</p>

<p>Other things:
NHS President
Student Congress, two years
Friends of Islam club
National Merit Scholarship–commended</p>

<p>congrats! so how long after your app statuses changed to “being reviewed by a councelor” did you find out?</p>

<p>obviously all cream of the crop…Congratulations!</p>

<p>my daughter was deferred
out of state
ACT 30
GPA 3.7
Varsity Soccer 3 years
Broadcast Journalism 3 years of classes, sports anchor for live show, interviews coach for radio segment each week, makes video packets for public television, created advertisement packet for summer Biology trip
Built houses in Mexico for people in need
Soccer coach and aide off and on for 4 years
Hostess at restaurant
12 APS/IBS</p>

<p>thanks for sharing, even though not the news you wanted…deferred is still in the running, good luck to your daughter</p>

<p>thanks spitfire. I feel badly partly because I encouraged her to apply here. I think she is a good fit with the students and she works hard. She could have had a 4. if she had not taken the toughest schedule that she could.</p>

<p>I found out about three days after it said ‘being reviewed by a counselor’</p>

<p>Is it really harder for someone with stats like hers to get in out of state?</p>

<p>those of you who have received decisions, when did you submit your apps?
just trying to figure out when i will receive my decision…submitted app on 10/31</p>

<p>kdos-Cannot believe your daughter did not get admitted with those stats! Did she send letters or rec? Maybe they wanted to be sure she was really interested in UW and would go if admitted. I think they are letting in the over the top applicants but rather than just wait on the decision they postponed her. Now she has to write a letter and show interest. Did she send at least 2 letters of rec to begin with?</p>

<p>ACT: 29 (31 E, 32 M) 9 on writing
UW GPA: 3.98
In state, one of the best public high schools in WI (major feeder school for Madison).
male, not a minority
2 excellent teacher recommendations
legacy (because of older brother & sister)
applied near the beginning of October and was admitted in the first group of 400 decisions.
College of Engineering
A couple extracurricular activities including a foreign exchange trip, 1 sport.
Various awards for art
4 APs, 6 Honors, and a college foreign language class.</p>

<p>I know these stats aren’t amazing, but I guess they’re sufficient. I would say your GPA is the most important aspect of your application, followed by how competitive your high school is/how rigorous your classes are.</p>

<p>chris–yep…3 letters of rec plus 1 counselor. The hs is very high level public. I am sad…stupid I know as it is not the end of the world.</p>