Recommendation Letters

<p>Where do I send recommendation letters to Purdue? Is there a form that I have to print out to send with them? Is there any other information that I need to know? By the way, I know that the admissions staff will probably not look at these letters. I'm just trying to make my application as strong as possible. :p</p>

<p>From what I’ve heard, Purdue doesn’t want recommendations. My friend sent them in in august and called last week to make sure they weren’t lost. Admissions basically said they got them, don’t want them, and has no intentions to read them. When you have 30000+ kids applying, there is no need for 60000+ letters saying how great each kid is. It’s more paper that admissions doesn’t want to read.</p>

<p>oops i just had my teacher write one for them. haha.</p>

<p>I had one really good rec letter written for me and I truly believe it was the difference between getting a larger scholarship or a smaller one. You apply to different colleges within Purdue, and each college has a different approach of reviewing applications. I would say it’s worth including, because I know my letter was read. The dean of my college discussed it with me.</p>