Recommended Frosh Honors Courses/Courseload

<p>Im coming to bama in the fall as a mechanical engineering major. I plan on starting in calc 2 again though I took bc this year and am pretty sure I passed the ap test. Is that offered honors? I was wondering because I was hoping to get some honors hours out of the way in my first year and that seems to be a good place to start. I also will have biology and world history credits (3s on the ap tests) and all the English credit required for my major. What honors courses would you recommend? Any interesting ones that your students have taken? Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>Honors Cal I and III are offered in the fall. Honors Cal II is offered in the spring. I know, that’s annoying. lol</p>

<p>Well, you need Gen Chem, but don’t know if you should take the honors version.</p>

<p>My son loved Fine Arts & Parody class with Dr. Cary.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if US World credits will still count for the sequence? The AP chart has changed a bit for incoming frosh.</p>

<p>I would like to take calc honors because it’ll be review for me–do you suggest taking cal 1 again in fall or just waiting till spring to take cal 2 again (taking a semester off from math)?</p>

<p>Calc 1 would probably be too easy for you. My older son took a semester off for math, and did Honors Calc II in the spring. It’s up to you.</p>

<p>It seems like that would be a better option :slight_smile: thanks! who did he have as a prof and did he like them?</p>

<p>He had Dr Cecelia Laurie who has retired. But he’s a math major, so he’s had lots of math profs… He likes…</p>

<p>Halpern
Trace
Gleason
Hadji
Shan Zhao
I think there’s one with the name Martin and some others I can’t think of right now.</p>

<p>Cool! Thanks! This is a really helpful list :)</p>