Recommended Off Campus Housing Options

<p>Are there any recommended off campus housing options over by the stadium, The Strip, Publix, and other areas on the south side of campus?</p>

<p>I’m aware of the big complexes (Retreat, Woodlands, Bluffs, Reserve, Village, Downs, Campus Way) but are there any gems right around campus?</p>

<p>Thank you for any insights you may have.</p>

<p>There is a new complex being built on Hackberry. I don’t know when it’s completing.</p>

<p>We just got our daughter an apartment for next year in Preston Place. She does not have a car, and spends late nights on campus so close/walkable was the most important factor for us. Her apartment is located directly behind Publix. There were certainly nicer places with more amenities, but again proximity was the deciding factor for us. The people from the management company that we worked with were very nice, and my daughter was able to view the exact unit she will have next year. We took pictures and video if anyone is interested. </p>

<p>[College</a> Station Propeties - Walk 2 Class](<a href=“http://www.CollegeStationProperties.net%5DCollege”>http://www.CollegeStationProperties.net)</p>

<p>Great info, Sniner and very helpful. Thank you. Does anyone else know the name of the new housing complex being built on Hackberry?</p>

<p>We looked at new construction around Hackberry and 13th. Beautiful! However, it was about $200 a month more, much further walk, and a bit sketchy in our opinion. </p>

<p>Don’t remember the name though.</p>

<p>When you say “a bit sketchy”, are you referring to the surrounding area or the complex/management company?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>The new complex on Hackberry is called 513 Rockport. The Lofts are being built where Hobby Lobby was located. 513 Rockport is unfurnished.</p>

<p>Based upon a Google search, I think it is called 513 Rock Point.</p>

<p>By sketchy, I was referring to the neighborhood. Not to say it was bad, but I just didn’t like the feel of the area when it came to my daughter walking alone after dark. They do not have a shuttle.</p>

<p>Yes, that’s correct. The new complex is 513 rock point, not rock port. Sorry, auto edit on my phone changed the name. :)</p>

<p>Which off campus apartments would be closest to classes for an engineering student without a car?</p>