Recruiter Question

<p>My S is a senior and I’ve lurked here in the CC forum for a few months now. UA was brought to my attention because of the OOS guaranteed merit scholarship my S could qualify for. Before application was filled out, I sent an inquiry to the regional recruiter who did not respond back. Thanks to this forum, I really do not need that recruiter since all I have to do is read through previous threads which answers most of my questions. </p>

<p>After a month since I sent that inquiry, the regional recruiter sent a short note to my S, wishing him luck in his senior year and letting him know that he could arrange a campus visit for S. The thing is, my H is planning to take S for a campus visit this fall and I was just going to call the school and set it up myself.</p>

<p>I’m just wondering, if my S ended up going to UA, does the regional recruiter get any credit for it even if he did not help? I’d rather give the credit to the people here in CC for all their help esp m2ck.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Welcome. :)</p>

<p>I don’t know if the recruiters get credit or not. I also don’t know if recruiters work a 12 month year or a 10 month year (Aug - May). If so, that may explain the delay of response.</p>

<p>May I ask what state you’re from? And, if you don’t mind, can you post on our …</p>

<p>Roll Call Thread</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1096387-what-state-everybody-roll-call.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1096387-what-state-everybody-roll-call.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If you decide to visit Bama, this is what you need to do…</p>

<p>set up a campus tour time online…try for the early morning one.
<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/[/url]”>http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>send an email to Allison Verhine in the Honors College </p>

<p>In the email, include:</p>

<p>tour time and date
student name & contact info
test scores and GPA
(if a likely NMF, indicate so)
intended major
professional interests (pre-med, pre-law, pre-dental, etc)
interest in Computer Based Honors program and/or University Fellows Program (if desired)
Also, include any thing else that interests you about the school…such as touring the new Science and Engineering Complex and Shelby Hall. </p>

<p>Allison will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with dept heads, honors faculty, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine - Honor College Recruitment Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Here’s a little video that gives you a look at Bama’s College of Arts and Sciences.</p>

<p><a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube;

<p>Welcome [formally] to the UA forum!</p>

<p>I haven’t worked with the admissions office very much, but cannot imagine that the regional recruiters would receive anything more than a pat on the back for admitting specific students. It is certainly possible to mention how you learned a lot about UA by reading CC when meeting with or via an e-mail to the people in charge at UA (Rick Funk in admissions, Shane Sharpe at the Honors College, Provost Judy Bonner, and President Robert Witt).</p>

<p>Feel free to ask any questions you may have about UA or Tuscaloosa. We’ll be happy to answer them.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We’re from PA. I will definitely email Allison once we got the date finalized. Since, I will not be going to this visit, I will just have to remind my H to mention that we learned about UA from reading here. </p>

<p>H who is a Penn State alum is more excited about S possibly going to Bama than S. S had mentioned that he did not want to go to a big school but we had visited several small schools and he didn’t look that enthusiastic either, and I was bored to tears and ready to leave before the tour started. I believe a big school is a better fit for him and he’s into sports, so I know that Bama football will be a big plus. I’m just hoping that the campus visit will have a big impact on him that will make him excited about going. Did not tell S that UA is known for beautiful girls. He’ll just have to figure that out on his own. :)</p>

<p>I’m sure you have read on previous threads, but by virtue of the Honors college, UA offers many of the advantages of a LAC along with all the attractions of a larger school. It’s really the best of both worlds. I hope they have a great visit. Roll Tide!</p>