Recruiting night in Michigan

<p>Hi everyone: Alabama is coming to Ann Arbor (Wolverine country) tomorrow to meet with interested students. My daughter received an invitation and she is very excited about possibly going to Bama in 2012. What can I expect from this visit? Should she dress up? Who will be there?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>We just attended one in Kansas. It was nice. They had enough food for an army! </p>

<p>D wore a sweater dress w/ leggings, that way she didn’t feel over or under dressed. Most of the guys were in Khakis, some in jeans. It was pretty casual, but whatever you feel comfy in.</p>

<p>They had a professor, several recruiting people, a couple from admissions, and a current student. My D especially enjoyed talking to the student, she was a wealth of information.</p>

<p>This is the first time they have come to Kansas so the turn out wasn’t great (maybe 30 prospective students and their parents) but I am sure it will get better.</p>

<p>She scored a free T-shirt, got some questions answered, and had some yummy treats, what’s not to like?!!</p>

<p>My son and I went to one here in Cincinnati,
Nice dress but not ‘suit and tie’ - meeting a University President.
Be early and be a little hungry, lots of hors’dourves
(and free T-shirts)</p>

<p>Dr. Witt UA President spoke, some deans spoke, professor spoke,
some students/parents talked about how they loved it…
Followed by Q&A.</p>

<p>Chatting with Dr Witt and his crew before and after the ‘show’
were the highlights for us. Presentation to be honest was a little
generic. </p>

<p>About 200+ in attendance, held in nice hotel ballroom</p>

<p>These are good events. It is great to hear from the president of the university you are contemplating sending your child. S visited twice, but also attended this event in the NY/CT area. Most important, we got to meet robotbldmom and her talented son spoke. S wore jacket and tie, but he likes to dress. I would say khakis and polos for guys. I didn’t see any jeans & tee shirts, but it was at a Country Club.</p>

<p>I wish we had attended one of these events!
We are from the Cleveland Ohio area.</p>

<p>It would have made Ds senior year so much easier if she had looked at the University of Alabama before March of her senior year!</p>

<p>So many applications and essays written…</p>

<p>But I guess there is a reason for everything!</p>

<p>She is currently finishing her 2nd year and has been very very happy with her college choice! </p>

<p>Hopefully you will drive down and see the campus, and meet the students and faculty! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thank You Idinct for the kind compliments. I hope that my son helped to answer some of your questions. </p>

<p>We look forward to seeing you on campus in the fall. Hard to believe that my son’s first year is almost over.</p>