Reed College Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Applying to Reed in 2022? The Fall 2022 deadline is coming up on Jan 15th. This is a space for the members of the class of 2026 to connect with other applicants and share stats, news or admissions updates.

We just got an invite to attend a conversation with Reed president and her wife for this Saturday. Does this mean acceptance? This is confusing.

We have not received that invitation.

I found this from last year: Reed EA, ED2 & RD class of 2025 - #64 by Anantaniium
Which describes batches of rolling admissions starting mid march with snail mail notifications (apparently?)

Further down there is some confusion between physical mailed acceptances, portal and emailed acceptances…

We have not received an acceptance in any format….just this email. I guess we will assume it is marketing until we hear otherwise….Maybe decisions are coming out this week prior to Saturday?

We got that invite too. Was assuming everyone did. Does anyone know if the Reed acceptance boxes started being sent by Fed Ex today?

I got that invite too, which also another invite for the kiddo for a student panel tomorrow. I’ve been a little surprising at how consistent Reed has been about communicating with me, not just my kid. Hoping it means something good but of course not making any assumptions!

1 Like

Anyone else get a “Meet your Professors” email?

We got the e mail. Is this a good sign?

We got it. I think this must still be marketing……

We got it too. At this point, I would prefer a decision to these invitations!

Same…have 6 more to go. Reed is a top choice and would really like to know so we could book flight arrangements.

I just want this whole process to be over. :grinning:

2 Likes

Do you think RD applicants will begin receiving email status updates with decisions this week?

Has anyone received an acceptance package yet?

No and getting anxious because we would need to fly out to visit. Flights are getting cost prohibitive.

There doesn’t appear to be much traffic on this forum. It’s possible that applicants in Oregon have started to receive their acceptance packages. Hopefully, out-of-state applicants will begin to receive theirs any day now. I live in the Northeast: I too will have to fly to see Reed. Because flight costs are prohibitive, my family and I are considering just flying me out to visit Reed.

1 Like

Apparently last year their rollout was problematic enough for their school newspaper to write about it. https://reedquest.org/articles/2019/4/26/an-untenable-workplace

Here’s the link to Reed’ 2021 thread…a lot of confused applicants.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable having my child fly out without at least 1 parent. I hope Reed releases some answers soon. I feel helpless and it is a top choice for my child.

Has anyone heard anything?