Regents Scholar Housing

<p>I talked to TAMU recently, and they told me Regents scholars have specific halls...does this mean a Regents scholar and non-Regents scholar cannot be roommates?</p>

<p>Not sure if this will help you, but someone said this on another post:</p>

<p>My good friends and I have the Regents Scholarship. Not all with it have to live in Mosher; there can be anywhere from 600 to 900 new recipients per year. The biggest thing is that you live on campus at a dorm and attend the events laid out for you (Fall banquet, Spring banquet, and whatever group events you are assigned to.)</p>

<p>I saw this on the residence hall living site:</p>

<p>FOCUS offers first-year Regents’ Scholarship recipients a learning community experience while they are building Foundations of Continued Undergraduate Success (FOCUS). Each FOCUS student enrolls in one core curriculum course in the fall and spring taught in a smaller section for twenty-five students rather than a large lecture hall. Each course is linked to a weekly non-credit In FOCUS session in which the cohort explores identity, personal development, respect, self with others and responsibility in university life.</p>

<p>It says you have to apply. I don’t think you will have to live in a certain dorm.</p>

<p>I’m a Regen’t scholar as well. I applied for dorms a few months back and chose modular housing. I got my Regent’s acceptance letter in the mail yesterday and no where on the paper or brochure did it say that we had to live in Mosher or any specific hall. As long as you’re living on campus, you should be good. </p>

<p>FOCUS is mandatory however, so make sure you sign up. I’ve heard some good stuff about it so I hope it’s as good as others make it out to be :)</p>

<p>Thanks! :slight_smile: Gonna go check out FOCUS now.</p>

<p>Although I won’t be attending A&M (\m/), when I received mine it stated that I had to live in Mosher or something like that because of engineering. I never really wondered since I had already made my decision, but you should look into it.</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>

<p>I always figured Regents scholars had to live in Mosher, but does that mean non-Regents scholars cannot live in Mosher? Or is Mosher specifically designated for Regents scholars?</p>

<p>Sooo… i just called the Housing people and they told me that the Regent’s scholars stay in the Honors Housing which is Lechner and McFadden. You can change your housing preference to that. I a bit wary though because I thought those halls were already filled with the honors students. I’m not sure what to think of it… you should call housing as well and let us know what they say to you :)</p>

<p>From what I read, they have 600 Regents scholars. Since there are only 400 spots in Lechner and McFadden, I don’t believe they they can all live in the Honor’s dorms. From what I understand, if you have not been accepted into Honors, you cannot live in those two dorms.</p>

<p>savvyx3 - Mosher is mostly an engineering dorm, and non-Regents and Regents alike can live in them. Regents Scholars just have to live somewhere on campus their first year</p>

<p>Eve411 - Not all Regents Scholars can fit in 2 dorms haha</p>

<p>wemel - That sounds about right I think…</p>

<p>I was able to contact the Regent’s Scholar coordinator and she said that as long as it doesn’t specify in your letter, you can pretty much live in whatever dorm on campus.
As btn1229 said, Mosher is mostly for engineering. I’m a Biology major so hopefully I’ll get one of my top 3 picks.</p>

<p>That relieves me :slight_smile: Thanks.</p>