Regents Scholarship at UCSC, but no others

<p>I applied to UCLA, UCB and UCSC. UCLA is my first choice if I am admitted.
This week I received an invitation to apply for the Regents scholarship and a merit scholarship at UCSC. </p>

<p>I have heard that if an applicant has applied to UCLA and/or UCB, then UCSC does not score the application. They use the score from UCLA/UCB. If this is true, and since i was invited to apply for UCSC scholarships, does this mean I got into UCLA/UCB?</p>

<p>I am just wondering about the significance, if any, of this. I know I will find out in a few weeks anyway, but just thought I’d ask here.</p>

<p>Also, are applicants invited to apply for Regents scholarships only at one UC? I am wondering why I was asked for UCSC and not for any of the other UCs I applied to (UCSB, UCSD, UCLA and UCB).</p>

<p>Thanks for any insight.</p>

<p>UCLA and UCB obviously have a more competitive applicant pool than UCSD UCSB and UCSC. That being the case, you may find yourself at the higher end of the applicant spectrum @ UCSC than you would at UCB or UCLA. Just food for thought.</p>

<p>UCSC uses the scores from Berkeley and UCLA, but admits a larger pool of applicants. The campus would admit students who may be borderline or clear non-admits at Berkeley or UCLA, but meet admission criteria for UCSC.</p>

<p>Being invited to apply to Regents means you are probably the top 1% or 1.5% of the applicant pool for UCSC. If you are in the top percentage of the applicant pool for the other UC campuses, you will be invited to apply to or receive the scholarship (some UCs award the scholarships without additional criteria) as well.</p>