Regular Decision 2020

Ok, that’s what I figured. Just wanted to verify. Thanks!

Hoping my son’s acceptance packet shows up in the mail today too.

@kdawn1130 I thought Biomedical was a minor at Tech, not a major. I don’t see Biomed on the list of departments, but it is listed as a minor: https://www.eng.vt.edu/students/undergraduate_degrees

By the way, admission to a particular program after first year is not automatic. The student needs to meet the GPA requirement for the department of his/her choice.

Son received his admissions packet in the mail today, as well as an email from the College of Engineering.

Similar to many others, I received my admissions packet and an email from the Architecture department today!!

Curiosity: Is the GPA reported in the common data set their 9th grade -11th grade GPA, 9-11th and first semester of senior year or the full GPA 9th - 12th grade?

If it says high school GPA, it probably is for the entire four years.

If you apply RD it will usually be your entire high school career through your 1st-semester senior year. If you apply ED or EA it is through your junior year.

Given the common data set for each year is released in October for the new freshman class that is enrolled, I would say it is the GPA of the entire H.S. years.

I was notified of being accepted to COE VT 2020 on Feb 22. You’ll probably be notified (if you got accepted) on March 18, no later than April 1 tho.

I heard that people who get accepted on March 18th don’t usually get into their first choice school from a not-so-credible source… is there a reason for them saying that or is that a total lie? Does anybody have more info about the process for acceptances sent out in February rather than in March?

I think the only thing we know “officially” is that those notified on 2/22 were those accepted into their first choice. We also only know “officially” what VT has said about the release of decisions.

I wouldn’t read into anything else someone says or says they know…least of all a “not so credible” source.

The waiting stinks, I know. My S has one big one left and it’s not likely to be released for another 3 weeks.

Did any of you receive a call from VT? I have a missed call from the 540 area code & I’m from California, so I’m assuming it could be them?

@nemo18 Why don’t you just google the number to check if its them?

Sorry. I looked right after. It was the admissions office. Did anyone else receive a call from them?

Remaining Decisions out on march 18. Feb 22 was for students who got their first choice major

@nemo18, my S got one too. He also had a voicemail from someone asking if he had any questions about VT, etc. Unfortunately, the caller did not leave a contact number or email.

@dbjs70 Okay thanks. Just wanted to make sure the call didn’t mean something was wrong

Come on guys decisions come in one week.Why are u killing this thread with ur unconditional silence.
I am an international student from India who applied to Virginia Tech’s General engineering program.
My stats:
Act composite-27
Sub-scores:
Math-34
English-26
Reading-25
Science-24
I read on other posts that virginia tech considers only act english and math.Is this true?
My Grade 12%-88(CBSE board)
Applied on jan15th
I want to major in industrial engineering here as its the 2nd best industrial engineering college in the country.
I also would like to know how is life at virginia tech.
I am keenly waiting on my decision this friday.

@Srijith97 I have now idea where you stats are. However, I heard that math is the only important standardized test score for international students. Many international students struggle to read and write at a high level due to the fact that English is not their first language. Math is universal so international students are expected to meet the same standards as American students.

34 is a great Math score.