Regular Decision 2020

I am a senior in high school and nervous about getting into VT College of Eng. My SAT is a 1910 with math 690 (which I know is not the best) and my overall GPA stands at a 4.1. The reason I am worried is because my GPA for freshman year (3.3) brought my average down a lot. For sophomore year, I had a 4.2, junior year, a 4.5, and so far my senior year GPA stands at a 4.8. I took AB calc junior year & got a 5 on my exam and I also took the AP chem exam the same year and got a 4. I am in BC this year & I absolutely love math so I’m hoping for another 5! Also taking 4 APs this year. I was never really involved in sports/ecs because the kids at my school were really harsh and judgmental, but I have around 400 service hours! I wrote all 3 essays-- I thought they were pretty good! I wrote one essay about why my grades were bad freshman year (a death in the family). Also, if this helps-- I am a female, in state & Indian. Thanks so much and I will chance back if I can! Appreciate any feedback! And good luck to anyone receiving their decision on Friday… I am soooo nervous!

VT Admissions tweeted that the people who will get their decisions on the 18th of march have not got accepted into their choice of major. ( Twitter @followmetoVT ) the ones who got their decision on the 22nd of feb got into their choice of major.

@dankshrek Bro I advise u to not dissuade anyone who is waiting for their decisions on friday.The people who got accepted on 22nd were people with astounding stats.Now they will release decisions for humongous bunch of hokies on Friday.I urge to get ur facts straight and not post any comments that will damage one’s self-confidence.Plz visit this link http://www.admiss.vt.edu/admission-decision-notification-2016/ and stop making duplicitous statements

@dankshrek actually they tweeted the people that were in the February round definitely got in to their first choice, they didn’t say the march round can’t be in their first choice

I’m so anxious for tomorrow… I was waitlisted for all of the other colleges I care about, VT is my last chance. I’m kind of desperate…

@DeferredVT I applied regular decision but I heard 90% of Virginia applicants got deferred and 65% oos!! Best of luck to you I’m so nervous

@Srijith97 That’s technically not true that the people in the February rounds all had amazing stats. They just happened to be the first applications reviewed, as far as I know it’s completely random.

@dankshrek The admissions twitter said nothing of the sort. They just said all the February offers were for first choice. The majority of the decisions are coming out tomorrow, so they will definitely offer a bunch of people their first choice.

Oh that’s good to hear! I thought i didn’t get my first choice lol. phew!

So excited ppl? Decisions soon!

Does anyone know what time they are coming out today???

They said that decisions will come at 5pm est, but they dropped earlier in the past so begin refreshing at like 4

I already received my decision but I wish you all the best of luck today!!

@DeferredVT Thank you!

@nemo18 Thank you! Did you receive your decision in February?

@061616 Yup!

@nemo18 NICE!!! what major did you apply for???

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear today!

I feel like I’m going to throw up, I’m so excited

That time they were posted at 4pm.

@061616 Thank you! Haha I just went in undeclared. What did you apply for?