Regular Decision 2020

@bmac504 ugh I try to stay positive but I feel like I just got dumped, this really isn’t fun

That’s such a disappointment. One would think they would consider applying well in advance = more interest in the school so they would want to review those guys first instead of last. Anyone who applied way in advance get in yet to disprove this conjecture? Either way, I’m trying to stay hopeful that I get into VT.

I’m out of state… I agree, this admissions policy really is ridiculous. The fact though that I haven’t heard back yet with history as my first choice is pretty unsettling.

@student810 I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry in my life.

@senior922 congrats!!! I applied as business undecided as well, but didn’t get any decision today so hopefully I’ll be joining you next year!

@bmac504 I just want to know where I’m going so I don’t have to worry anymore, I’ve only gotten in to one school I actually want to go to and its not even that great so I totally feel the frustration :confused: I’m sorry

Any other Arch majors get accepted? It’s gonna be a tough decision deciding between Cal Poly and VT, the #2 & #3 ranked arch programs in the nation! Money will probably be the big decider though…

@student810 At least you know you’re going to college. I haven’t been accepted anywhere. I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t sleep much these next few weeks if at all.

@bmac504 I’m sorry, but with the stats you put up, I’m sure you will get in to some good schools :slight_smile: Hang in there! Everything will be alright!

I’m in the same boat as you. Quite frustrating

@bmac504 I’m in the same boat right now. I’m questioning my decisions on college applications, maybe I should’ve lowered my standards. :frowning:

@DeferredVT Life sucks. I don’t see this paying off even if I do get accepted.

Quick reminder to all-- VT received A LOT of apps this year, it’s possible they will be releasing many good decisions in March

In New Hampshire…accepted about an hour ago into management!

Here is a bit of encouraging news for those who need to wait until mid March:

According to Dr. Sands (VT President), the university plans to increase its undergraduate enrollment by 2000 to 5000 students over the next 6 to 8 years.

Source:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/education/higher_education/virginia_tech/virginia-tech-president-focuses-on-growth/article_923455d6-44ed-5711-bd25-71effc668e53.html

This could only mean more acceptances this year, stay positive.

@Emotive True, but they also have record-breaking application numbers this year, which means it will probably be more competitive than usual. That’s terrible for a “middle-ground” student like me.

No reason to get mad at VT for not getting a decision yet. It doesn’t matter when you apply, they aren’t rolling. The first round is just for the first choice acceptances they have gotten to so far. Some need more reviewing, some are on the edge, some are going to get in for their second choice, and some are going to be rejected in the second round. That’s why there aren’t rejections in the first round

Why are there so many parents in here, talking about the application with the term “we”? Let your kid handle it themselves.

Did anyone get accepted for university studies for the February term? My friends and I who all applied for university studies have yet to hear back.

I applied on January 15 11:58 pm. I got in today for engineering. I have a 33 ACT and am out of state. I also have double legacy. They didn’t care when I applied, I got in.