Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

@Byrdie12 I saw it yesterday however when I tried to access the same page today, it was no longer available. Therefore, I believe they accidentally gave me the information of my financial aid.

@HopefulHokie317, denials or waitlists should not come out in the first RD round. Those notifications will come out in the second round in March.

@HardCoreAsian I also originally saw a notation regarding financial aid. However, when I went back later to see what it was about, it was gone.

Congrats to all those who were admitted!

For those applicants who meet the criteria for admission to the Honors College, according to the school, you will receive a separate Honors College decision notification soon.

so did I not get in if I wasnt notified?

You should have received an email that said your application was being submitted for Honors College a few days after submitting your application.
If you got the email it does not mean that your accepted into Honors College. Only that they are reviewing your app. for it.

RIP

Accepted
OOS
ACT: 29 Math 31 English
3.947 GPA
All honors with 5 AP’s
Biochemistry

welp the 2nd round probably means that I am rejected :frowning:

Is acceptance to Honors College based on a holistic review or is it formulaic? Are there minimum requirements?

Found the answer myself. No minimum requirements. Holistic review.

Average GPA 4.24
Average SAT (Math + Verbal) 1353

Good luck!

@undercover007 Actually, it specifically stated that he was accepted to his second choice major…which worked out ok in our case…

@Robomom24 I hate to be THAT person, but you are suggesting that despite everything the admission’s office has told evertone, they decided to admit your s to his second choice? And as we can count the ONLY person this has happened to?

This is interesting.

@undercover007 That’s ok! I understand that you don’t believe me…it IS different than what I saw in the thread, which is why I posted. Is there a way for me to add a photo here? I took a screen shot. It says "Offered Admission into Biological Sciences (Second Choice Major) Click here for more information, but when I click “there” it takes me to a 404 not found page…so I’m guessing maybe it WAS released accidentally?? Not sure. LMK if there’s a way to upload a photo, if not…then we’ll just have to let it go. Take care and have a great day!

After experiencing what occurred on Monday, I just want to say how I REALLY disliked the notification process. Although I lucked out with getting my decision on the 20th, it was a HUGE pain for those who spent 4 hours trying to get into the portal, and then realizing that their decision will be sent in March. Virginia Tech really needs to use those computer engineers to fix this, because this is NOT acceptable and I know Tech is so much better than this. I understand that the server may have crashed, but they need a significantly better way to release decisions.

@infinigirly I agree this was unacceptable. And it can work without a hitch – the University of Florida made available all of its admissions decisions at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, February 10, and everyone was able to log on without a problem. U of F had 35,000 applicants as well, about 50% more than the number of VT applicants. I’m sure VT is embarrassed about this and will see to it that there’s no repeat performance on March 17th.

BTW – congratulations on your admission!

@VABogart Thank you!! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

@eaglemom2014 Was your S an engineering applicant? I know people with similar stats that are waiting on their Engineering admissions. Congrats to him!

@Rwoo24 yes. Electrical Engineering…