Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

I am so surprised that this college gives out acceptances AND financial aid information to some, and others don’t even know their status, accepted or denied. I don’t agree with this type of admissions philosophy.

Didn’t think they would give NOTHING. No aid (expected) and no scholarships. Instate schools are giving her 8-10,000, an OOS waiving OOS tuition plus 5000 merit, a private school 25,000. I know VA Tech is higher ranked than most of these schools, but still thought she would get something. Leaves it costing $20,000 more than any other school. Ugh.

@STEM2017 I am RD. Just received email today.

Thanks @SAD1010

OOS. RD. No email. Just checked because of other posts.

So did only OOS applicants find out about their financial aid and scholarships recently?

Its difficult. Another state school is an almost full tuition scholarship but the program is not as highly ranked.

Twitter and Facebook posts showed Feb 28 mail date w/ online viewing available by Mar 1 for fin aid

If it helps, we received an email to check VT admission site. Scholarship information is posted next to admission decision.

Ok got it, thank you!

@SAD1010

Here’s a dumb question that I can’t seem to find the answer to: Is the VT Freshman Scholarship renewable for 4 years? If yes, what is the criteria to keep it?

Thanks.

@STEM2017 Not sure. I was going to call VT for clarification today.

@STEM2017 Called VT this am. Provost Scholarship is renewable yearly. VT Freshman Scholarship is not renewable.

@SAD1010 Wow. Thanks for the info. That changes things.

Just to repeat what @SAD1010 stated above…

VT FRESHMAN SCHOLARSHIP is a one time award and not renewable.

Aside from the word “Freshman” it’s not made clear anywhere that this award is not renewable.

Was also rather surprised that my son did not receive a decent amount of aid. Hoping he gets some scholarships or grants in the next month…

Me too. Since others have received scholarship I am worried that this round is over.

What’s a Provost Scholarship?

I apologize if this was already answered, but where exactly do you check for awarded merit scholarships? If I can’t find mine, will I receive a notification later?

If you go back into the application status page where is shows “offered Admission” there is a section to the right of it for financial award. Click on that section.