Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

@lopeztlo7 @sbgal2011 Thanks! I checked online application and it still does not reflect 1st semester grades which were sent 3-4 weeks ago. The Admissions person indicated that it would take a couple of weeks to post as received to the online application site. Are you familiar with the timing of credentials posting to the site?  I will be furious if my daughter’s counselor did not send. I have to micromanage her counselor on everything – she is that slack. My daughter indicated that she has not received an e-mail from VT indicating that she has a missing credential, so hopefully they received them and have everything that they need.

@SCLADY12 @lopeztlo7 The application status indicates that 1st semester grades were received on 02-04-17. Our high school sends everything electronically through Parchment. I’m so hoping we hear on Monday. DS has been accepted to his 3 safety schools but is still waiting to hear from his top two choices, USC and VT. USC has been his top choice but if he doesn’t get scholarship money, that isn’t going to work for us. So acceptance to VT will be a huge relief for him. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you ladies! Can’t wait until all of this is over, it’s been quite a roller coaster ride. Although I have to do it all over again with DS #2…!

@sbgal2011 Thanks! Unfortunately, my D’s high school does not use Parchment. UGH! I’m ready to get off of this roller coaster ride! My D got into her safety schools and 1 of her top choices w/$$; however, waiting on USC and CofC. VT is OOS for us and is a stretch for that reason. Good luck to you and @lopeztlo7 !!

If we get a decision tomorrow will they be posted online? Or will they just be mailed to our homes tomorrow??

They mentioned the evening of Feb 20. So the portals will probably be updated at that time.

Also do you think that if you applied right before the application deadline, but had all your other materials in before, that you would receive a decision tomorrow? Or is that just for people who applied more before to the deadline?

From Instagram…

“vtadmissions: We’re excited to post our first round of freshman regular decision offers on the evening of Monday, February 20th. Freshman applicants: check your Status Page to see if your decision is posted in this first round. If you don’t see a decision status posted, don’t worry… thousands more offers and all remaining decisions will be posted on the evening of March 17th. Our committee has been working overtime to get through as many applications as quickly as possible. We will continue working tirelessly, enjoying your essays and ZeeMee pages along the way, and look forward to finalizing the Class of 2021!”

Perfect! Thanks stem2017!!

@SCLADY12 I emailed VT admissions and found out that you don’t need 1st semester grades to receive a decision tomorrow for regular admission. However, you do need to get them sent to them soon. Of course, if your first semester grades showed improvement, not getting them in could be detrimental, but that is not the case with me.

@nasteeR Thanks! Her 1st semester grades would have helped some, but not drastically.

@nasteeR Thanks! Her 1st semester grades would have helped some, but not drastically.

Called VT admissions last week and said my son’s first semester grades weren’t updated in the system. She said they don’t update them and looked them up to make sure VT received them. If it’s not updated on their page, they still may have them.

@minmil Thanks! I will check with them.

@dreaminbig1945 @STEM2017 - Me thinks somebody mixed up his or her V’s. :smiley:

What time are we thinking for decisions tonight?? 5 PM eastern?

^^^ I keep checking every few minutes. I think they won’t come out until later, but I’m so anxious. Anyone have a definite time?

I believe it is 5:00pm. I’m going to check around 5:30! best of luck to you, I’m anxious as well :frowning:

Is everyone who applied to engineering supposed to hear back today?

@jnda123 apparently last year those who were admitted to their first choice majors heard back on the early date. Aka not necessarily

I got accepted on February 3rd into the Engineering major, probably because I’m an international student. Hope you guys get your results soon!