Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

Just got on and found that I was accepted! Applied in November btw

When did you apply?

Applied November 30th btw

Where the hell are their Computer Engineers when something like this is happening? Get those kids to fix the site and increase its capacity! Ugh so frustrating.

@Hokies21 I applied the week before the early decision deadline (i was deferred) @collegegalz I am instate

Accepted! OOS, Applied January 15. Now the wait for scholarships and financial aid…

Does service unavailable mean our results won’t be posted till March?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I’m still trying to log on. When you post your acceptance, can everyone please include the major and when you applied? I’m curious about that. Will post when I know something!

Mine is saying page not found— idk what that means.

My daughter got accepted - engineering, out of state. Now need to wait & see about scholarships, Go Hokies!

Service unavailable and page not found mean that there is an unusual level of traffic, probably 10,000+ students, all trying to access the same page at the exact same time and the website can’t handle it. It means absolutely nothing about your application.

My son just got in architecture OOS. Kept refreshing for 2 hours. Lots of error messages. Just keep trying until you see your account page.

how do you know if you got into your first major choice? Did it say on your application page?

I applied Jan 15 and didn’t hear back

Didn’t say about major

Anyone know where to go to find the acceptance result on the page?
(Btw, try using your phones to log in rather than your computers)

@TheGrandTour I tried using the phone repeatedly – same result: nada.

So just to be clear; If the Application Summary page looks the same as before, then you will receive your decision on March 17? And if you were denied admission it will say so in bold?

VT is honestly doing horrible job to giving out decisions. It shouldn’t take this long for someone to check their status.

This is ridiculous service! I’ve been refreshing for nearly 3 hours. No one had any problems the night of UVA’s release! WAHOOWAA