Regular Decision 2021 Discussion/Results Thread

When did UVA release? I didn’t receive any mass mailings letting the thousands and thousands of applicants know to check their account at an exact time. I just now logged in and there is still a message that says they notify on April 1, same thing it has said since they received the application.

We will know in March. So disappointed, hoping to know today. Applied 11-14, regular decision, business, instate

I’m talking about the EA notification date

@sbgal2011 Us too. In state business and no decision on our page. Have you heard from any other schools?

Wait where do you go to see your actual decision? Do I click on “Fall 2017” under admission term?

I got in!
In State
31 ACT
Pamplin

P.S. Keep trying over and over to reload the page. After like 5 minutes it finally worked!

Tried logging in through my phone and computer, still says “error”

So, you are comparing a schools early decision only release date traffic to one that includes all the regular decision as well as anyone deferred from early decision?

applied in october for ed, got deferred, was able to log on to the status page and was not updated… going to have to wait 5 months for a decision. Kind of ridiculous

UVA’s EA had 30,000+ applications so yes I can compare

My S got in!!! He kept refreshing.
1400 SAT (760) Math
3.8 GPA
Engineering

Hey guys there’s a rumor that if you didn’t get in today that means you got rejected from your first choice major? Cna someone debunk or validate it? I didn’t receive anything despite a 36 ACT and a 4.2 GPA.

I got in to engineering (33 ACT Math and English)

When i applied i only was able to choose one major… and i didn’t receive my decision today so idk

I was comparing the numbers for 2016 and seeing 16000 early decision at UVA vs 25000 overall at Virginia tech (don’t know how that translates to how many would be online for this decision, but assuming near 20000). Knowing that once you hit the max traffic things start breaking down then it only takes being one more person to push it over the edge, causing all this trouble.

I am just trying to say that saying they are doing a bad job may not be accurate. I have run into many many times that when everyone tries to log on at the same time things lock up. Even things as small as girl scout camp. At least they even offer the online status for you to look at, even if you either have to wait until the next day or keep trying to get through the traffic. William and Mary and Wake Forest don’t even have that.

@sbgal2011 Same here (business), but we are OOS. The wait continues…UGH!

Decision: Accepted

Objective:

•   SAT I (breakdown): N/A

•   ACT: 30 (Math(35) Science(34) English(29) Reading(24) Essay(19) ) Really bad reading and essay scores

•   SAT II: 780 Math II, 760 Physics

•   Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0

•   UC GPA: don’t know never calculated i

•              Weighted GPA: 4.6

•   Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 1 out of 400

•   ELC?:

•   AP (place score in parenthesis): BC(5) AB subscore(5), Computer Science(5), Physics 1 (3), Physics 2 (4)

•   IB (place score in parenthesis):

•   Senior Year Course Load: Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, University Physics, University Physics Lab, Innovation, Mentorship(Research Class)[All theses above were taken at George Mason University due to a program called Governor School at Innovation Park ] Classes taken at my base school —— AICE Literature, US Government 

•   Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National AP Scholar, Second at Regional Science Fair, SPARK Saluting Our Stars Award, Youth Salute Award, VEX Judges Award

[ b]Subjective:[ /b]

•   Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): President of Robotics and also initiated the VEX robotics team at my school, NHS, JV Soccer, Varsity Cross Country, Hardware Club, Academic Team

•   Job/Work Experience:

•   Volunteer/Community service: Tutoring, Volunteered in the IT Department at Nolman M. Cole Jr. Pollution Control Plant, Earthquake Fundraising

•   Personal Statement: talked anout my passion in engineering

Other

•   Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes anf got about 10k in grants and 8k in federal loans

•   [ b] Intended Major [ /b]: Engineering

•   State (if domestic applicant): VA

•   Country (if international applicant):

•   School Type: Public

•   Ethnicity: Asian

•   Income Bracket: Upper Lower Class

•   Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.): just talked about my self. I am first generation but did not talk much about it here

Reflection

•   Strengths: Research experience, and deep involvement in STEM activities

•   Weaknesses: Bad ACT and not much AP exams

•   Schools were you accepted/waitlisted to? Accepted to UC Berkely

•   Schools you were rejected from?

•   Schools you are waiting for? MIT, GA Tech, U Michigan, UVA 
[ /list][ b]General Comments:[ /b] Good Luck everyone!!

Does anyone know when we will find out about the honors college?

Is it true that your first choice will be rejected if they don’t notify you today? My first choice was University Studies and I didn’t get anything… I hope this doesn’t mean I will be rejected.

@SCLADY12 We’re in state but also no decision (business). I saw a poster that had been accepted today to Pamplin with a 4.0. We only chose one major-business. I’m not sure if that means no decision was in essence a rejection today.